DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Eagle Dynamics confirmed F-16C  (Read 7587 times)

Offline ramazoti

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie! :D
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Eagle Dynamics confirmed F-16C
« on: April 06, 2018, 02:53:00 AM »
 :yihaw: :yihaw: :yihaw: :yihaw:
yeah they did confirmed it in the Deskription of the last Matt wagner vedio..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nV2OHovT8

:beer: :beer:

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Eagle Dynamics confirmed F-16C
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 03:57:38 AM »
good news :clap:

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline hy-fye1

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »
Wow, the graphic looks amazing

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 05:36:35 AM »
I don't want to be pessimist but 5 to 10 years to see it? How much is the F18 taking?

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 08:55:53 AM »
Is this a joke?  I saw no F16 in that video?
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 09:02:31 AM »
Is this a joke?  I saw no F16 in that video?

In the vid description Marvin.  ;)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:24:08 AM »
Ah ok I see it now.  Although I purchased all their mods as I will always support any software in this hobby it entertains me for about an hour tops.  So I suspect the F16 mod when it is released in 5 years will do the same.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 12:28:22 PM »
Marvin,

I'm curious as to why those DCS sims fail to hold your interest. 

I just looked at the Startup/TakeOff video of the F/A-18C and it looked pretty nice.  I don't have any DCS stuff as I just don't have the time to dive into yet another sim.  However, flying an F/A-18 and doing Carrier Traps under various conditions is something that appeals to me.  I got to fly an F/A-18 Super Hornet sim at I/ITSEC in Orlando many years ago and was able to get 'er on the deck and catch a wire all except one pass.  Lot's of fun.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »
I don't know if or when DCS would start an F16 project, but I don't think a 5-10 year delivery time frame is realistic. The F/A-18C has taken a long time because they had to create / simulate the sophisticated AA / AG radar algorithms, new weapons systems (AIM-120, etc) and carrier operations as well as expanding on air-to-air physics. In short there was a large suite of code that was missing from the DCS World platform that they needed to invent.

Much of this newly developed technology will transfer over to new combat aircraft - like an F16C. I'm not saying there isn't a lot of work to do in creating an F16 - but much of what has already been learned in developing the F18 will be applicable.

I think a 2 year delivery time frame is more likely.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 01:28:52 PM »
2 years is not even the time required for BMS to publish one major update (4.32 to 4.33 and 4.33 to 4.34)
So I doubt it (and their radar AA stuff for the F/A-18 is not even done yet, they are very early alpha on "some" simple modes)

Beside, have a peek in DCS, try the A-10 for instance, And you'll see what Jody refers to :)
And I flew flanker in MP way before I flew Falcon in SP.
As the next guy I'll try the F/A-18 when it's out. And I'll probably like carrier ops
but I already know that it will last 6 months max, then I'll be back to BMS, as it happened for the A-10, Mig21 and F-5.
Not quite a decent timeframe to invest in a pit

Up to now DCS is all about money, there is no desire to go deep in things. That's too costly
They scratch surface and then concentrate on the next module to get funds in.
Nothing wrong for a commercial company
I doubt it would change in the future with F/A-18 and this hypothetical F-16
I don't mind being proved wrong though
Future will tell

Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 01:59:15 PM »
Like i said in my post. I don't know if they've actually started on an F16. But i stand by my theory that once they have done the work to add the air-to-air, radar and other physics to DCS World, those technologies will be exploited for additional aircraft - i mean that is just smart coding.

Comparing a BMS vs DCS development time frame isn't very meaningful. Two very different development environments.

I've flown the DCS A10C since 2010 and it is an amazing simulation. As far as DCS being all about money? Well they are a software company so i dont see your point at all. They are in business to make money. The $60+ I might spend on the early release F18 is nothing compared to even the least expensive component in my simpit. If one day i can fly my simpit as an f16 in DCS World that is a huge win.

I'm not familiar with BMS team and the behind the scenes work but i'd bet DCS has far more resources available for research, 3d modelling, coding and testing. Taking nothing away from the incredible BMS team who have done an amazing job squeezing every last bit of performance out of a now ancient original platform - but the BMS community has been told many times about certain platform limitations that may never be overcome. Maybe the BMS programmers may yet find a way, maybe not.

Bottom line is i will continue to fly and enjoy both simulators and i look forward to a DCS F16.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2018, 02:43:57 PM »
There are enough similarities between the F/A-18C and the F-16 that it's not a surprise to me that they might be developing the two in parallel. I know I certainly intend that my own F-16 pit be "multi-lingual" - i.e.; that I can drive it using BMS, FAF, or DCS with a simple change of profile - if DCS should bring forth a Viper that satisfies my interest for complexity and features.

If they get paid for the effort, I don't care one way or the other - if the quality what I want are there, I'll pay for it.  FAF, BMS, and DCS all have their advantages and disadvantages...I'm perfectly with fine just having/maintaining choice!
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
I would love to fly a Viper through terrain like that. I love BMS and right now it is the only one in my sim. However if the terrain looked like this on my three 55" screens, I would never get out of it..... :whistle:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Noluck18

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2018, 07:20:22 PM »
I'm with you on the terrain. Then blown away by the F/A-18 cockpit graphics at the ramp start. That lighting, shadows, dirty MFD's, beat up cockpit looked damn real. I'm getting it just for that, to fly an F/A=18 sim. My last designed and delivered simulator (8 each) for the US Navy was an F/A-E type. Was so slammed with the delivery schedule I did not even have much chance to fly the sim's, now I 'can'.

Man, this stuff has come a LONG way since I was in it. I am so screwed, I had better get pit building... go ahead and take all my money.  :countingmoney:

:vprules:

Chip
---

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2018, 09:10:49 PM »
Willy,

That’s a good question and not sure if I can answer that.

I suspect a lot has to do with my loyalty to the Falcon franchise I mean like many I have been flying it since 1987 and part of development since 1997.

But really it’s the game play.  And that’s what I mean I just don’t feel like I am flying a realistic simulator.  It feels like Janes stuff entertaining games.  It really bothers me that the flight models (IMO) suck.  They seem to just be variations of one model.  I mostly fly it when I want to “fuck around” and I just can’t seem to take it serious.  Now in DCS’s defence I haven’t flown it online and I feel that would make a difference but on the same note I have not flown BMS online since about 2007 and really enjoy the solo play.

I think when you guys see 4.34 you will really see the realism that has been added and it is something I find DCS will never offer.

To date the most enjoyable DCS mod I have flown is the Harrier and evn that gave me about 8 hours until I stopped flying it.  I was excited as hell for th and F5 and I think I invested about 2 hours before I got bored.  Lol

Jody

Marvin,

I'm curious as to why those DCS sims fail to hold your interest. 

I just looked at the Startup/TakeOff video of the F/A-18C and it looked pretty nice.  I don't have any DCS stuff as I just don't have the time to dive into yet another sim.  However, flying an F/A-18 and doing Carrier Traps under various conditions is something that appeals to me.  I got to fly an F/A-18 Super Hornet sim at I/ITSEC in Orlando many years ago and was able to get 'er on the deck and catch a wire all except one pass.  Lot's of fun.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal