Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Diabolo's pit - on the road again by Diabolo_101
[October 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PM]

Author Topic: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...  (Read 63245 times)

Offline Catcher

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Homebuild
  • VP Awards : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2017, 08:09:17 AM »
Another RealSimWorld owner :thumbsup:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:47 PM »
Very nice, sturdy looking machine @ramazoti ... :thumbsup: !  As this is my first CNC build I'm sure I'll be using it to build a bigger, heavier one someday.  I'm looking at steppers similar to your choice, but want single shaft ones.  And there are some error-corrective drivers from Leadshine that I'm looking into - I need to read up a bit more, but I like the idea.

I'm looking to over-build my control box to supply more amperage than I plan to use presently so I can upgrade to a bigger NEMA 34 driven machine with premium ball-screws in the future, and use the same control box.  I may start with an air cooled spindle for this machine too, mostly because I don't have a ready source to 220 VAC power where I'm currently living...so I'm sort of constrained to using a 115 VAC rated inverter to get myself started...got eyes on several similar four bearing, air cooled, 1.5 kW ones.  I'll be cutting mostly acrylic...for starters.

I was also planning on running Mach 4, but as I've mentioned I'm still open to options at this point...I'll be looking at UCCNC... :notes: .
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: Today at 01:15:56 AM »
Got my base rails back from the machine shop just yesterday... :thumbsup: , cut and squared.  Now that I have a local machinist that understands what I'm doing, I can also use him to cut my X and Z axis beams when the time comes for that. 

Should be going to bed, but couldn't help starting to loosely bolt some of the base parts/brackets together.... :brickwall: ...pictures to follow.  I have a feeling this assembly is going to go fairly quickly...until I need to cut and crown the lead screws... :DOH: ...
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: Today at 02:16:52 AM »
 ;D  We are all just little kids happy with a new toy  ;D
Did you sleep well?  The adrenaline surely kept you awake for some time.
Looking forward to see the pix