Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Diabolo's pit - on the road again by Diabolo_101
[October 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PM]

Author Topic: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...  (Read 63303 times)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Rufus' Ride - Block 50 Pit Progress...
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »
Rufus im so glad it arrived safe and everything is there  :thumbsup:  Looks already good in you home :-)
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Predator

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2017, 03:18:45 PM »
Lucky you RUFUS!!!! PERFECT stuff!!!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
Was looking over HUD-things over today ( and generally trying to organize my working area) and noticed a couple things -

1) These faux DZUS fasteners from Lynx.dk (I had some on hand) fit the M4 ICP mounting threads in the HUD and look great in place!  May need to use a bit shorter screws for the top two.

http://lynx.dk/product/dzus-replica/

2) It appears that one can easily fit a 7" 4:3 LCD panel (which I also have a couple spares of...) directly within the space in the HUD bowl, in either length/width orientation.  This could make for really simple install minus using a pico projector if direct projection from an LCD will work - could depend on glass used, lighting conditions, etc.  Still need to see how a 7" panel will actually center up - a 6"-ish one might work better.

More (and pic) as I gather/develop thoughts... :notes: .
- Rufus

Offline simpit

• Brig.General
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: March 23, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Was looking over HUD-things over today ( and generally trying to organize my working area) and noticed a couple things -

1) These faux DZUS fasteners from Lynx.dk (I had some on hand) fit the M4 ICP mounting threads in the HUD and look great in place!  May need to use a bit shorter screws for the top two.

http://lynx.dk/product/dzus-replica/

And why not the real DZUS-fasteners and rails you can order at the ebay store of Dean Sharp??
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: March 23, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
You would have to do some machining on the inner surface of the HUD cavity in order to mount real DZUS rail in there...and I'm not even sure that there is room enough in the cavity for that arrangement to fit.  As it comes there are pre-tapped M4 bosses machined in for mounting the ICP backplate.  I'm not even certain that the real ICP is held in place with actual DZUS...need to check my refs; but these still look pretty good.

I also did a fit check with Mike's ICP backplate and it looks like it will fit up, but the mounting holes will need to be opened up to M4 size.  Other than that the holes appear to be in the right locations to mate.

Edit: looking at pictures on Martin's site, the ICP is attached using cross-point screws in all of the pics from real jets...so I will revise in accord!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:33:43 PM by Rufus »
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: March 23, 2017, 01:01:46 PM »
I can tell you 100% that the real is NOT using DZUS.  its normal inch screw in the real one, and we uses 4 mm. on our Hudblock.

I would not bother to put DZUS in there, cause its tight enough.

Offline simpit

• Brig.General
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: March 23, 2017, 01:08:51 PM »
Concerning the ICP that´s correct!
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »
Agreed.  The actual US screw used is likely 6-32, but M4 is fine by me... :thumbsup: !

Just looking over Martin's pictures is looks like the ones with DZUS are from sims and the ones with screws are from real cockpits.
My faux ones still look neat on there, though... :DOH: ...
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2017, 05:01:53 PM »
...sidetracked...and getting ready to rail... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
Rufus,

Did I miss something?  What are the "rails" for?

Blaze

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2017, 02:49:03 PM »
I'm in the process of building a 1x0.5 meter CNC router - something I've been wanting to do since I began my pit construction.  What's in the pictures is all of the basic hardware needed to construct the gantry.

What I'm lacking just now is a way to cut the rails for the base frame to the required lengths...but I have a few friends in town and even a machine shop that I might be able to ping.  Once I get that done things will come together quickly.
- Rufus

Offline ramazoti

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie! :D
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: October 11, 2017, 04:01:55 AM »
Rufus ,
check this Software+Controler is the best in the market now for hobby .. UCCNC ..http://www.cncdrive.com/UC300ETH.html
i'm in Spindel Traming right now ..

soon i'll post an update about my CNC

as u can see in the 2nd pic the back side was a very bad CNC router .. i made a small test and it was good but not perfect ..
Ram
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:28:26 AM by ramazoti »

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: October 11, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
Now THAT is COOL Rufus, im looking forward to see it spitting out F-16 parts :-)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Super cool project  :vprules:

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
@ramazoti - thanks for the pointer...I'll be checking that one out... :thumbsup: !  At present I'm leaning toward the SmoothStepper ESS -

https://warp9td.com/

...but I haven't finalized my selection as of yet.  Still contemplating just which motors, drivers, spindle, etc. I want.  First order of biz is to get the gantry put together.

The build/basic design of my machine is here -

http://www.openbuilds.com/builds/c-beam-sphinx.3605/

Very popular design, and the gantry plates are available on Ebay...and I'm also planning to include an A axis, so I'll have a lathe as well.  So I purchased the plate set with Y axis 2" taller Z over the stock design, and four roller X plates. 

I've also done a few other things to stiffen the frame - like using 20 x 80mm V-Slot for the base vise the stock 20 x 60mm.  Just to insure things stay square.

I already have two initial projects in mind... :reading: ...more to follow, I'm sure.
- Rufus

Offline ramazoti

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie! :D
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2017, 02:52:18 AM »
for my steeper Motors i used this set ..http://www.ebay.de/itm/3axis-Nema23-stepper-motor-motoren-425oz-in-DUAL-SHAFT-CNC-Machinery-controller-/191069842453?hash=item2c7ca66c15
and here is my Spindel .. http://www.ebay.de/itm/CNC-2-2KW-Wassergekuhlte-Frasmotor-Spindle-Frase-Spindel-Frequenzumrichter-/272047947531?hash=item3f57523f0b

and UCCNC is taking over ur Control board so u Need to have one..

for my Alu profiles V Slot 60x60 and for the X 120x60 both are heavy and nut 6, to make the Y axis more stable i used 30x120 heavy Profile ..

lookinf forword to see your CNC