Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Grease Monkey's Pit  (Read 295583 times)

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Grease Monkey's Pit
« Reply #780 on: September 06, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »
Since Photobucket screwed everything up for pics, I am going to try to post some of my pics here.

This is the stand that I designed for my 40" screens. I have now upgraded to 50" screens, but the stand design is still the same. I just extended it out some.

Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #781 on: September 06, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
Here are the 40" screens.

Here are the 50" screens. I think this is when I first mounted the screens. They were not quite straight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 04:25:43 PM by sagrzmnky »

My build thread

Offline Marvin

• Brig.General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #782 on: September 07, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »
I've always wondered if you would be better to have the screens turned vertical so that you can see higher rather than wider?  It would certainly be more suitable for BFM if you wanted to get rid of head tracking.  Or at least limit it.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #783 on: September 07, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »
I've seen a trainer setup where the center screen was bigger than the two side ones, making it slightly taller - and that was a bit of a benefit.  When it comes to screens every additional square foot helps... :whistle: .
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #784 on: September 07, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
I've always wondered if you would be better to have the screens turned vertical so that you can see higher rather than wider?  It would certainly be more suitable for BFM if you wanted to get rid of head tracking.  Or at least limit it.

I would if you had enough screens. You would need at least 2 more screens to cover you view from the side. What makes a big difference when flying is your peripheral vision. Projector set ups are preferred, but they are not great in bright light.

My build thread

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #785 on: October 12, 2017, 12:03:45 AM »
These pics are for a special request.

My build thread

Offline Azul

• IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER.
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: October 12, 2017, 03:37:35 AM »
67 FPS ::)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #787 on: October 12, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »
That's cool...I've often wondered that a setup like this might look like with curved screens.  I think BMS is the only use I can think of for curved screens.  Don't much like them as TVs.
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: October 14, 2017, 02:53:11 AM »
That's cool...I've often wondered that a setup like this might look like with curved screens.  I think BMS is the only use I can think of for curved screens.  Don't much like them as TVs.
If I could afford them , then I would.... :outthewindow:

My build thread

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: October 14, 2017, 01:58:32 PM »
... :digger: ... :countingmoney: ...money-pit!
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: October 15, 2017, 01:09:06 AM »
... :digger: ... :countingmoney: ...money-pit!
Don't I know it... :D

My build thread

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #791 on: October 15, 2017, 06:03:53 AM »
That pit is fuc***g awesome!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: October 16, 2017, 12:22:58 AM »
That pit is fuc***g awesome!

Thank you and I have plans of making it better. Don't tell my wife that though. She thinks it is done.... :stupid:

My build thread

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: October 16, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
...you'll be done, alright... :digger: ... :vprules: !
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: October 17, 2017, 02:25:53 AM »
...you'll be done, alright... :digger: ... :vprules: !
:lolsign:

My build thread