Willy's Pit by Moon
[October 08, 2017, 06:17:00 AM]

DTU by Kukki
[October 06, 2017, 09:03:43 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[October 04, 2017, 02:24:37 PM]

Diabolo's pit - on the road again by Diabolo_101
[October 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PM]

Author Topic: DTU discussion  (Read 897 times)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: DTU discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 10:36:15 PM »
...hmmnnn...I know there has to be a way to make this work...but I'm also pretty sure it will be messy... :whistle: .

I have a few experiments in mind on handling relocating the callsign.ini file, but I haven't had time to try them yet.  callsign.ini is the only one I'm interested in manipulating as far as implementing a physical DTC goes.  Sounds like I also need to tighten up on the default BMS options... :notes: .  I got BLANK in two of three DMS selections until I set selections using WDP as someone suggested here, then everything became and has been good.

...except for my recent observations on an OSB option for HUD display - @Red Dog , you probably saw my recent posts on the BMS forums about displaying the HUD on an MFD - which works in BMS, but you have to enable a HUD selection in WDP...then you get not only a DMS select but also an OSB button.  At least, this is the only way I've found to do it so far.
- Rufus

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »
...well, none of my experiments work...though I do now know more than I did about how both BMS and WDP work... :DOH: .  And I'm liking WDP more and more... :clap: .

It seems even if you destroy your callsign.ini file, BMS will somehow re-create it based on last settings...which I have no idea where it gets that information from - and it's not a generic one, it's yours with your call sign.  I was expecting BMS to crash (at worst) if there were no callsign.ini, but it doesn't.

So...over to the smarter folks... :reading: ...
- Rufus

Offline Biggles

• General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
And...............back to u Rufus :biggrin:

Offline Red Dog

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • CombatSim Checklists
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 04:23:51 AM »
It is probably because the dtc is split between the callsign.ini and the te.ini file
Many settings are redundant. Others are specifics. None of these 2 file are totally independant. Their use varies depending on different factors - one of which is either you play campaign or tes.

Have a bandit day
Red Dog

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 12:46:11 PM »
I was fooling around with TEs, so it looks like the information is redundant even for those but it somehow gets copied once changed and becomes a "new" default.

I was expecting BMS to have it's own built in default(s) - like the nav info and MFD toggles - which WDP would capture, allow the user to change, and then those changes to be contained within the callsign.ini for actual use during runtime.

But it doesn't appear to work that way...what the user creates with WDP appears to persist and be recreated in the callsign.ini - even if you Trash the file at any time, BMS just recreates it.
- Rufus