Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Diabolo's pit - on the road again  (Read 5241 times)

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Diabolo's pit - on the road again
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
Welcome here Diabolo!

Offline Diabolo_101

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 04:16:06 AM »
Hello everyone, and happy new year!

I spent some time of my holidays working on the eyebrows. I designed them to be 3D printable.

I just did a small mistake: I thought that the eyebrows were push buttons, I did the design thinking that way, I only realized later that only the Master Caution was a push button...In fact the design was not too disruptive for non push-able device. I just had to add a nut to prevent the push.

I used Hispapanels F-16 Jay-EL Labels (http://hispapanels.com/tienda/en/f-16/200-f-16-labels.html) for the display.

You can see the result once lighted, I still have to do some finishing on the surrounding of the jay-El label to prevent the light to be seen around the shape, working on that right now.

I'll share the STL file of course, once I will be done with the master caution.

Cheers

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 05:12:59 AM »
Nice!

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
Excellent job!!!!  :thumbsup:
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Offline AndreZero

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:02 PM »
That is very cool!  I saw a multi LED switch posted on Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:616665 but it is much bigger than the JAY-EL switches in the F-16.  I tried to scale it down without much luck.  Your design looks very promising.

Offline Viper-UK

• Captain
  • Spending to much money.......
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »

Very nice

Offline Diabolo_101

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »
I'm done with the Master Caution. I created a zip containing the stl files of the eyebrows, button case and Master Caution button and case.

I used those type of switch for the design:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00V4Q7QKG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=39HHXFR53IZO2&coliid=I3SD42SF4M8Y3L

and those type of screws and accessories to make the button workable:

http://www.gotronic.fr/art-10-vis-acier-m2-20mm-6559.htm

I used a basic plastic sheet to do the testing, it will not be the final display (where it's written "Master Cauton"

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
Good work Diablo, seems you are in a good flow, and its super cool to see your creations come to life  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work mate  :vprules:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Diabolo_101

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »
Hello everyone, long time I haven't updated this topic, a lot of things happended during those last months...

I signed up in a Fablab that is using a huge wood CNC and a big laser cutting/engraving machine. I got the Sy plans and was able to use those on the CNC. Originally, I did not want to rebuild the whole case, but you know...no will  :-P. I also used the laser cutting/engraving machine to build the panels. I used two transparent sheets and a translucent white panel to be able to backlight the panels.

I received some parts as well. I got Bio's knobs that are just amazing! Redneck Caution panel, Kukki's HUD glass and ICP front, Albert's HSI Bezel and some anti g suit components from Faan. Received my PoKeys and Arduinos as well. With the different screens that will go behing the instruments, I almost have everything to build the beast, I'm just looking for free time now, so if anybody got some, let me know  :lol:.

Continuing on the 3D printed parts, I designed a box for the DED Oled screen, because I picked the one with the pins on the right side, that make it impossible to put in the usually advised one (from electronics shop). I also designed it to attach the Arduino (Uno, Due or Mega) inside, to be used with DEDuino project.
I also 3D printed the ejection handle, with flex filament, quite happy with the result!

Next steps:
- Continue the case assembly
- Build up the center console, have the ICP and MFD working. Work also on the gauges (still not sure if I'm going to use the Arduino/X27 solution or the Pokeys/Polulu/Servo solution)
- Build the panels with knobs

Cheers,

Diab