Marvin's 2nd Cockpit Project (HAF Block 52+ PXIII) by Rufus
[June 02, 2018, 05:58:31 PM]

MailMan Selling Part of Pit because of room constraints by Sparrow 23
[June 02, 2018, 01:44:14 AM]

mcfrag0815's IKEA IVAR-Pit Project by mcfrag0815
[June 01, 2018, 05:50:50 PM]

Salaxi54's pit progress by mike-simulation
[June 01, 2018, 06:42:16 AM]

Author Topic: Diabolo's pit - on the road again  (Read 8431 times)

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Diabolo's pit - on the road again
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 05:33:19 PM »
Welcome here Diabolo!

Offline Diabolo_101

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 04:16:06 AM »
Hello everyone, and happy new year!

I spent some time of my holidays working on the eyebrows. I designed them to be 3D printable.

I just did a small mistake: I thought that the eyebrows were push buttons, I did the design thinking that way, I only realized later that only the Master Caution was a push button...In fact the design was not too disruptive for non push-able device. I just had to add a nut to prevent the push.

I used Hispapanels F-16 Jay-EL Labels (http://hispapanels.com/tienda/en/f-16/200-f-16-labels.html) for the display.

You can see the result once lighted, I still have to do some finishing on the surrounding of the jay-El label to prevent the light to be seen around the shape, working on that right now.

I'll share the STL file of course, once I will be done with the master caution.

Cheers

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 05:12:59 AM »
Nice!

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
Excellent job!!!!  :thumbsup:
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Offline AndreZero

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:02 PM »
That is very cool!  I saw a multi LED switch posted on Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:616665 but it is much bigger than the JAY-EL switches in the F-16.  I tried to scale it down without much luck.  Your design looks very promising.

Offline Viper-UK

• Captain
  • Spending to much money.......
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2017, 12:20:44 AM »

Very nice

Offline Diabolo_101

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 02:50:11 PM »
I'm done with the Master Caution. I created a zip containing the stl files of the eyebrows, button case and Master Caution button and case.

I used those type of switch for the design:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00V4Q7QKG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=39HHXFR53IZO2&coliid=I3SD42SF4M8Y3L

and those type of screws and accessories to make the button workable:

http://www.gotronic.fr/art-10-vis-acier-m2-20mm-6559.htm

I used a basic plastic sheet to do the testing, it will not be the final display (where it's written "Master Cauton"

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
Good work Diablo, seems you are in a good flow, and its super cool to see your creations come to life  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work mate  :vprules:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Diabolo_101

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:30:34 PM »
Hello everyone, long time I haven't updated this topic, a lot of things happended during those last months...

I signed up in a Fablab that is using a huge wood CNC and a big laser cutting/engraving machine. I got the Sy plans and was able to use those on the CNC. Originally, I did not want to rebuild the whole case, but you know...no will  :-P. I also used the laser cutting/engraving machine to build the panels. I used two transparent sheets and a translucent white panel to be able to backlight the panels.

I received some parts as well. I got Bio's knobs that are just amazing! Redneck Caution panel, Kukki's HUD glass and ICP front, Albert's HSI Bezel and some anti g suit components from Faan. Received my PoKeys and Arduinos as well. With the different screens that will go behing the instruments, I almost have everything to build the beast, I'm just looking for free time now, so if anybody got some, let me know  :lol:.

Continuing on the 3D printed parts, I designed a box for the DED Oled screen, because I picked the one with the pins on the right side, that make it impossible to put in the usually advised one (from electronics shop). I also designed it to attach the Arduino (Uno, Due or Mega) inside, to be used with DEDuino project.
I also 3D printed the ejection handle, with flex filament, quite happy with the result!

Next steps:
- Continue the case assembly
- Build up the center console, have the ICP and MFD working. Work also on the gauges (still not sure if I'm going to use the Arduino/X27 solution or the Pokeys/Polulu/Servo solution)
- Build the panels with knobs

Cheers,

Diab

Offline Diabolo_101

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
Hello and happy easter...

6 months since last post, quite busy in work and, when possible, on the pit.

I worked mainly on the center console and hud box. I followed AlbertJ process for the Hud box, and added some new 3D printed parts on it.

I worked also on the instruments displays and ICP Wheels  (also 3D printed). I tried to design and print the switch covers, not too bad for a first draft. I'm running now to be able to start the screens insertions and electronics on the center console. Still have to finish the indexers and Hud glass. I'm also starting to work on the design of the different gauges, activated by servos.

I created the thottle arm by using 5mm black PVC sheet that I formed using heater and assemble and finished with some epoxy.

Some pictures of the different progresses that occured on those last 6 months. Let me know if you need any of the 3D designs for printing.

Cheers, Diab
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:18:57 AM by Diabolo_101 »

Offline hy-fye1

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2018, 02:43:09 AM »
Fantastic work, it looks good :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2018, 02:45:23 AM »
Very nice work Diabolo   :thumbsup:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »
Wow, great work!