Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[Today at 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by questerymj
[May 09, 2024, 09:12:07 AM]

Hello from Canada by RonD
[May 05, 2024, 04:00:22 PM]

Author Topic: Avionics - is it possible to change IFF with 4 Digits in old Aux Comm Panel  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Skybrush

• 2nd. LT
  • Happy that I have realised my my dream of my pit
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Hi guys, i have a question to Falcon BMS 4.37. Many of the Viper Versions have the newer IFF with 4 Digits. But i have built the old version of the aux comm panel with 3 digits and the last position with x or y. Is it possible to manipulate the avionics of the for example block 52 Viper so that it has the old aux comm?

Offline Fhyndoh

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
i think this can be done in the avionics configurator gui (haven't tried though). it's a standalone .exe in the root folder

M
Gentlemen, it is time, don your cider visors and follow me!"

Cougar FCC#19 (01533), Homemade ICP, 2 masterpilots, CH pro pedals...empty wallet, BIG smile

Offline Lemmi22

• Maj. General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
AFAIK you can't change the panels in the block itself.
If you want to use AUX-Comm-Panel, you'd need to fly an other (older) block.
Current status of my "Aces II"
and my cockpit at the attic:
http://viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=7500.0

Offline Lemmi22

• Maj. General
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
AFAIK you can't change the panels in the block itself.
If you want to use AUX-Comm-Panel, you'd need to fly an other (older) block.
Current status of my "Aces II"
and my cockpit at the attic:
http://viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=7500.0

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Yes that is correct.  You can use the avionics configurator to change the IFF or Aux Comm TACAN, which works great for cockpit builders, but as indicated it doesn't change the 3D cockpit graphics.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Keule

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
And with any change you probably get problems with multiplayer sessions because they normally set the server to „same ac data“ to prevent manipulations.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
And with any change you probably get problems with multiplayer sessions because they normally set the server to „same ac data“ to prevent manipulations.

Normally avionics changes does not affect AC DATA.  For example John and I fly all the time and he switched his IFF to AUX COMM and I didn't.  And I changed a lot of my RWRs without any issues with servers.

And that is to prevent those gamer losers that somehow feel the need to edit the FM data to cheat?
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards

Normally avionics changes does not affect AC DATA.  For example John and I fly all the time and he switched his IFF to AUX COMM and I didn't.  And I changed a lot of my RWRs without any issues with servers.

And that is to prevent those gamer losers that somehow feel the need to edit the FM data to cheat?

That - and/or the weapons data.  Which is something I think can also be noodled out fairly easily... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline Skybrush

• 2nd. LT
  • Happy that I have realised my my dream of my pit
    • Awards
Thank you Guys, I found the setting in the avionics configurator and my "old" Aux Comm now works in all models. Great!

Offline Keule

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards

BMS Technical Manual, Page: 17
"Please note: changing settings with the Avionic Configurator will change the ACDATA content, preventing connection if this option is checked. If you enable this option you may have to ensure that a common (approved) set of avionic configuration files is provided."

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
...so...now I have to wonder about trying to use BMS 4.35 in a MP situation with others using 4.37.  It's starting to sound like you can't mix versions and expect MP to connect/work, either.  Is that true?
- Rufus

Offline Keule

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
...so...now I have to wonder about trying to use BMS 4.35 in a MP situation with others using 4.37.  It's starting to sound like you can't mix versions and expect MP to connect/work, either.  Is that true?

That’s true, you can’t mix MP sessions with different BMS versions.

Offline Rufus

• General
    • Awards
... :DOH: ...figures.
- Rufus

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards

BMS Technical Manual, Page: 17
"Please note: changing settings with the Avionic Configurator will change the ACDATA content, preventing connection if this option is checked. If you enable this option you may have to ensure that a common (approved) set of avionic configuration files is provided."

I know it says that in the manual but it’s not always the case such as I described above.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal