Archives > DISCONTINUED COMMERCIAL ITEMS

DCS switch size on RealSimWorld ICP

(1/3) > >>

henkie:
I bought several years ago the fantastic ICP from www.realsimworld.dk  (site cannot be reached)

But I did not opt for a complete assembly, including the two switches and the DCS stick switch, because I had those already in my collected parts bin.
That was a serious mistake  :brickwall:

Now I had to disassemble the ICP (partly) to install the switches. All went fine for the two toggle switches ...
But the DCS switch is giving me headaches.
The mounting hole on the ICP metal backplate has a diameter of 15.6 mm.
The diameter of the DCS switch housing is 17.4 mm. That will never fit  ::)

The type code on my DCS switch is  "T4-CN211N  1027"

Is this the correct one (obviously not, because it will in no way fit)  :sick:

What is the type number of the DCS switch used on RealSimWorld's ICP ???
Is that one somewhere available ???  ( @Kukki ) ???

:reading: Henk

Rufus:
I think the one you mention is the commercial version - threaded, correct?  I have a few of those and found as you have that yes - they do not fit the RSW backplate (they are what was specified for use with Mike's backplate).  I did get one of the correct ones from RSW.  The press fit one should be T4-CN111N and Mouser has those, they are not cheap -

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/OTTO/T4-CN111N?qs=82jvyl5dHWfkMahwM49SYw%3D%3D

I've also seen them listed as Otto T4-0051, Mouser lists those as well at almost double the price...so they are probably the real MILSPEC thing!

Something I considered was to turn down the threads on of one of the commercial ones I have on a lathe - I think that could be done to reduce the  diameter to one which would fit, and then you'd have to add the rotation stop to it using some plastic or metal strip and a structural adhesive.  But it could work, provided the switch case is machinable.

John Fredrik:
@Rufus
What is the number on the threaded ones?
They might be a good solution for the MLU Lightning panel

henkie:
Yes, it is threaded, and the "2" in the type code is indeed according to the data sheet on Mouser the commercial version, 11/16" diameter, what I measured (ok, 0.1 mm off).
So, I have the wrong one  :'(

Machining (or filing) the thread will not help, because the height is also larger, making it a "no-fit"  :weep:

And Mouser says: "Stock: Non-Stocked".

I clearly have a problem here  :notes:
I'd pay Mouser's price to get the one that does fit  :fineprint:

@John Fredrik : probably the type code in my first posting  :whistle:  It's for sale (state: brand new)  :D

Rufus:
The threaded ones I have are T4-CN211N ones - the first number "2" specifies threaded, and the a "1" specifies press-fit.  Note these are the commercial grade ones, which are fine for our purposes.  I bought mine from Sager Electronics on an RFQ, and they gave me a good price - but that was years ago, now!

Check the spec sheet for these here:

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/603/OTTO_S_A0001375763_1-2573552.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version