Blaze's Pit by Blaze
[November 07, 2017, 03:27:37 PM]

John's F16 pit progress by Willy
[November 07, 2017, 01:45:56 PM]

atsalis_p's Viper Pit by atsalis_p
[November 05, 2017, 05:26:57 PM]

Red Dog's pit - I finally started by Catcher
[November 01, 2017, 09:46:20 AM]

Author Topic: Blaze's Pit  (Read 22839 times)

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: Blaze's Pit
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »
Howdy brother @wralex!

Well that's a bit complicated.  I bought my screen and screen frame from Simpits out of New Zealand.  Looking back I paid way too much for what it is and I had a horrible experience with the company owner.  DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!  Not only was the quality lacking, but parts of the stand and hardware were missing and he never made it right.  He also took a long time to communicate with me regarding the issues with the order.   :grumbl:

I'm not sure where to get the screen itself, but you might be able to buy a large piece of lexan and mix up a batch of black pearl paint and thus make your own setup.  If I'm not mistaken Kukki may offer the stand made in aluminum which is better than the wood version I have.  Unless you want to make that yourself as well as it shouldn't be that difficult to manufacture.

That may not be what you wanted to hear, but it is what it is!

Good luck,

Blaze

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2017, 05:42:32 PM »
Thanks for the info Blaze. I heard the same the same thing about simpits stuff. I will not work with them for mine.

Offline mac.pel

• Major
  • https://www.facebook.com/FPWAT
    • Our Fan Page
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2017, 03:53:14 AM »
I can't say bad word about simpit. I bought simpit warp and don't have problems. When I have problem with software i don't have problem with communication with simpit company. They help me very quickly.

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2017, 12:25:21 PM »
I can't say bad word about simpit. I bought simpit warp and don't have problems. When I have problem with software i don't have problem with communication with simpit company. They help me very quickly.

That is super good for you my friend, but I also had a lot of issues with him and had to scrap my system due to bad quality and missing parts.

I dont want anything with him to do, he never sent me the missing parts and was very hard to get to reply.

just my experience with him  :bat:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »

Yes @mac.pel , the software worked just fine.  It was the hardware that was the problem.  I wish the only issue WAS with the software since that's the cheap end of the equation.  I just don't recommend anyone buying the wrap screen from them, that's all.  The funny thing is that Simpit to my knowledge only sells the software, they don't own or develop it, interesting.....

Blaze

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2017, 03:17:33 PM »
the SW is not his, it form this company in the Netherlands: https://fly.elise-ng.net

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2017, 09:32:56 AM »
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to put in a quick update on my pit.  Over the last several weeks I’ve been working on a lot of non-structural odds and ends allowing me to check off quite a few items from the ever growing to do list.  I also acquired some more goodies.  I now have a real SSC and throttle grip completing the flight controls.  Originally I planned to use the Cougar HOTAS, but when the opportunity came along to upgrade I couldn’t resist! :outthewindow:

More importantly, a couple of weeks ago I was honored to have @Valcor, @Kukki and @String in my home all at the same time while Kukki was in Texas on vacation.  We had a blast working on the sim and “talking shop”.  I am continually amazed at how knowledgeable and supportive these guys are.  Far more than that, the friendships that I’m developing with fellow pit builders is incredible, hats off to you guys and a sincere thanks to ALL who have helped me so far on my journey.   :beer2:

Going forward:  The next big event will be the arrival of the left side shell from @Pegasus, hopefully by late November or early December.  This section will keep me busy for a bit.  Like the center floor structure, there will be lots of rivets to buck, equipment installations, metal prep and painting to complete.  Then after the first of the year I’ll do it all over again with the right side.  I will of course post pictures as progress is made, until then you can see Kukki’s build thread for what it will look like and in true Martin fashion...it’s gorgeous.  :thumbsup:

I also decided to upgrade my graphics card to an Nvidia GTX 1070.  I have not decided yet whether to use my old graphics card or use the mother board to run the MFD’s.  As many of you know you can only run 4 outputs from most cards and I will need 5 total - 3 for the beamers and 2 for the MFD’s.  I would love to hear some opinions on this.  Just to be clear, I would not be using the old card SLI since they are different versions, just trying to figure out the best option for power, FPS, etc.

Hope everyone is doing well on their pits.

Blaze

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2017, 12:04:09 PM »
Hey Blaze! Why 3 output for the beamers and not just try the matrox?

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2017, 11:12:03 PM »
Hey Blaze! Why 3 output for the beamers and not just try the matrox?

@wralex ,

When I first got my setup I didn’t even know about the Matrox.  However, if I understand it correctly you can’t use that with warping software because it needs 3 separate feeds, I could be wrong.  If you are just splitting to 3 monitors the Matrox would be fine I’m sure as that’s what it’s designed for.  If I’m wrong on that, please let me know!

Blaze

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
Yes you can use the mst hub Stu
I use it

Offline wralex

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »
Could be wrong but almost sure that you can use it with beamer.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2017, 12:13:39 PM »
Sounds like you are making some good progress since we last visited.  I need to arrange a trip to your place to see all of your work.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
Yes we do @Willy, come on down!

I noticed you’ve been quit busy with your new pit as well.  The primer looks awesome.  I’ll get with you on some dates to hang out soon.

Also, you guys are right about the MST hub....thanks for that info.

Blaze