There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Photobucket images kidnapped. How to see them.  (Read 1535 times)

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Photobucket images kidnapped. How to see them.
« on: July 08, 2017, 03:31:22 AM »
Hi,
As you probably has read, Photobucket decided to kidnap our posted images without warning.
BUT there is a way to still watch them:

"They are still hosted on Photobucket, and you can actually load them right then and there by right-clicking on them and selecting "open image in new tab" or "open link in new tab" depending on the web browser that you are using. This opens the Photobucket website where the original image is displayed."

This doesn't work for me directly BUT if you go to the magnifying glass in the top right part of the frame, that reads "View Image". IT WORKS!

Cheers!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Photobucket images kidnapped. How to see them.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Yeah, they kidnapped my photos too.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 02:22:52 PM »
Is there another site we can use for photo's?

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »
I started using postimg.org, relatively painlessly. Although it's a boring task, i managed to renew about 10 pages of my build thread, by downloading my PB albums to disk, and then uploading them there.

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 03:59:17 AM »
I started using postimg.org, relatively painlessly. Although it's a boring task, i managed to renew about 10 pages of my build thread, by downloading my PB albums to disk, and then uploading them there.

Thank you. I will try it out.

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 04:03:46 AM »
I will try Imgur...  :beer:

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 04:25:53 AM »

That worked. I got my monkey back.... :D

I will have to work on the rest of the pics tomorrow though.

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 05:26:05 AM »
It just sucks when they do that, first get a lot of people to join them, and then they change the agreement and start charging big money for the same.  NOT the way to keep your customers.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »
Hi,
As you probably has read, Photobucket decided to kidnap our posted images without warning.
BUT there is a way to still watch them:

"They are still hosted on Photobucket, and you can actually load them right then and there by right-clicking on them and selecting "open image in new tab" or "open link in new tab" depending on the web browser that you are using. This opens the Photobucket website where the original image is displayed."

This doesn't work for me directly BUT if you go to the magnifying glass in the top right part of the frame, that reads "View Image". IT WORKS!

Cheers!
I dont see a magnifying glass, can you show this?
I also want you guys to know that you can log in to your Photobucket account and download all your pics to your computer to one folder rather than tracking them all down. What a PITA. Photobucket sucks.

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »
Affirm Nigel, I did that.
I'm afraid that the mag glass is not appearing anymore unless you are logged in  :wacko:

mg102279

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »

You don't want to lose your monkey now do ya?.... that would be very emasculating....lol

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »

You don't want to lose your monkey now do ya?.... that would be very emasculating....lol
My monkey is very secure thank you..... :o :-P

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 12:39:31 AM »
Please everyone jump on this...you never know, it may work. There are a lot of pissed off people out there!

/p/photobucket-reverse-the-photobucket-third-party-rule

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »
imgbb.com is my new solution, the best upon all I've tested.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal