There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Warthog stick enhancements  (Read 969 times)

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Warthog stick enhancements
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I didn't really want to post this in my progress thread as I did not start one yet (still in planning phases) and it's just some minor stick enhancements.

I wanted to make my warthog stick a little more Viper like so I bought one of those Shapeways DMS caps and another Angle stick mount (in black this time).  I have purchased their stuff before and I find them cheap with minor work to get them fitting properly.

The angle mount just like my other one I purchased in black this time, but more so cause I just wanted a spare as I have quite a few warthogs and cougars kicking around for spare parts.  It is fairly easy to install and fits almost perfect.

The other item was a DMS.  I bought this one in metal and although I ordered it in matte black it was pretty much brush metal flat black.  So I just painted it with some satin black to get it to match the rest of the switches.  It wasn't quite to specs as I had to bore out the hole a tad to get it fit on.  But I used a rubber mallet and really smacked her in place so it is on there for good and not going to come off by accident.  Overall I am quite happy with the overall look.  It is certainly a WAY nicer DMS switch to manipulate.  It protrudes off the stick quite a bit compared to the stock DMS so the ergonomics are quite nice.  I also like that the contact points are 12/6/3/9 rather than on the corners.  So getting that tactile que of where you want to press is much smoother.

It does SLIGHTLY protrude a little into my thumb when I am on the trim switch though.  Certainly not a deal breaker, but I am wonder if the real stick is like that.  Anyone have the real stick for comparison?

Take care
Jody

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/sixdelta/F-16%20Block%2052%20PX%20III/IMG_5148_zpsdjwftqlt.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/sixdelta/F-16%20Block%2052%20PX%20III/IMG_5146_zpsnxicmnnz.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/sixdelta/F-16%20Block%2052%20PX%20III/IMG_5149_zps8npayahc.jpg
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal