• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Rufus
[April 28, 2024, 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Latest Chrome browser has an issue with VP  (Read 893 times)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
Latest Chrome browser has an issue with VP
« on: November 10, 2023, 03:47:02 AM »
Since my chrome was updated I can't post on VP anymore
I always get a sessions time out message - see attachment

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

This started yesterday Thursday 10/11
Using Edge as a browser I do not have this problem
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Latest Chrome browser has an issue with VP
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:42:19 PM »
Not sure what is causing this???   Especially since this is something NEW since the re-boot   :wacko:

I have already manually corrected dozens of files, and yet we are still seeing these obscure errors. It is amazing how "bloated" our forum files have become over the years, with many seldom-used program files still containing old / obsolete commands.

I may have to perform a major software update to fix the code errors. There is a good possibility that the new forum may look slightly different, and we may lose some of the older features (many of our custom add-ons are no longer supported in the latest software version). There are some new add-ons that can probably replace those older add-ons. The update should correct most of these obscure quirks.

I'll need to perform a full backup early next week, and probably take the forum off-line for a few hours during the upgrade. I'm waiting to get Mike's (Ka-Bar03) authorization to proceed. I'll try to give everyone a 48hr notice before any upgrade.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 10:57:39 PM »
I use Cromium - which Chrome is based on but without Google additives that are in Chrome - and I haven't had any issues.  Might want to look into differences?
- Rufus

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 12:03:33 AM »
I'm going to try Chomium Rufus if they make it for Mac. I already have it on my desktop PC and it's great. BTW, does anyone know how to embed Google Photo links so they show up here like Photobucket? I want to get away from Photobucket altogether. I might use Amazon because I already have Amazon Prime and hosting is included.
RD,
I had the same problem. It was happening all the time and it was because I had several tabs with VP open and had let the computer sleep. I had to go down to one tab then shut Chrome down then restart. You may have done all that though.

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 12:07:01 AM »
Looks as if it just came out!  https://mac.filehorse.com/download-chromium/

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 12:07:54 AM »
Ah thanks! I'll try it

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2023, 02:41:11 PM »
Yes @Nigel - I've been running Chromium on my Macs for years... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal