* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 144
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Classifieds  (Read 2846 times)

Offline John Fredrik

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Classifieds
« on: March 23, 2022, 03:40:01 PM »
Hi,
I did ran into a unexpected problem with my last batch of parts listed in the classifieds.
I did put a time frame on 5 days and the parts was listed in European time frame.

Today , when the time was out I did check the auctions and there was one bidder on the parts.
What I do see now is that the auctions didn't say completed, and the notification PM from the system was also not received.
I did send a PM to the one bidder asking his adresse so I could check shipping costs.

In the meantime another bidder made a bid on one part , and after that the auctions got completed.

How has this happend, is there anything to do with the forum clock?
And, what do I do now?
Got two bidders bidding on the same part , and the one I'v already have made contact to about shipping.

Don't want to offend anyone, but I've never had this issue before in the classifieds.

Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline check6otis

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: Classifieds
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 04:16:13 PM »
Admins and John,
Just to shed some light on this situation.  I'm the second bidder on the item John had listed.  On my auction it said that the auction ended at 3:11pm today.  I placed my bid at 2:45pm and it said I was the current high bidder.  I understand there may be a glitch with the time system for bidding.  There was no listing as complete until I checked it after 3:30pm and it said it was Complete and that I was the auction winner and it sent me a message for making a payment.  I hope this helps, please let me know if you need anything else.
Check6otis

Offline Flyingdragon

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Lt. Col
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 05:05:17 PM »
Hi check6otis Iám the bidder that is supposed to get all 3 items. The problem is that I did not get the notification that there was another bet after mine. Oh sorry, I did get it but first 8 PM European time and not after your bet. I think that the Classifieds is to blame for when I and the seller checked I was only the one buying. The item you "purchased" was my goal for I could not get it from US because of the DOD restrictions and I tried to find one for at least a year now. I would definitely fight for this one to the last seconds of auction time. Let's see what the Admin will say about this

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: PROBLEM with recent Classifieds Auction
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 12:35:59 AM »
Kukki handles our Classifieds auctions... so he will be the ADMIN to investigate

FYI, we had completed some updates to the forum website recently... don't know if this had anything to do with this situation

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 01:05:25 AM »
A suggestion. Perhaps relist the items and do a new round of bidding?

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 05:12:01 AM »
Im on my way to south Spain right now, so no time to look at it before i reach my summerhouse, it will be monday approx and i will look at it.
Else try to sort it as good as you can between seller and buyer

Kukki

Nb. Its proberly because of the update, that the classified is broken

Offline Flyingdragon

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Lt. Col
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 06:44:44 AM »
I can understand that this is a problem with Classifield. Because of that I did not get a chance to react after the other buyers bet. If @chec6otis are willing to let me win I will buy it for 32 euro. If not let’s ask the seller to do the auction on this item ones more.

Offline check6otis

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 07:45:22 AM »
I will wait for Kukki to make a decision, he is a fair guy and I will respect whatever decision he makes.  I was the high bidder at the end of the auction, and just because the other bidder didn't get a chance to put in another bid shouldn't negate the auction.  I know lots of bidders who lost at the end the auction and didn't get a redo.  I'm have no idea if there is a problem with the auction mechanics, all I know is that when I brought up the auction it said that it ended at 3:11pm.  I will attach a picture and I put in my bid at approx 2:45pm which would have left plenty of time for the other bidder to place another bid.  Again I will leave it up to Kukki to decide and support whatever he goes with.

Offline John Fredrik

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 08:55:58 AM »
A suggestion. Perhaps relist the items and do a new round of bidding?

Yeah , could be an option but with the same risk of doing a replay of the current situation.
Or I can reject the bids and just not offer it and keep it until the classifieds are fixed..

Not sure what`s right here , will not risk to be the one with the joker card here pissing everyone up.
It`s not up to me to start ww3 this days   :digger:
Best Regards
John Fredrik

Offline Flyingdragon

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Lt. Col
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »
Ok Gentlemen, I will not wait until Kukki decides about this for us. I believe in fair play and will not be the one to change the course of events. I believe that things happened for a reason and this one is no exception. Just because I will be happy to have the Mortar I was searching for so long doesn´t mean I will fight for it.
I decide to let it be like it is and congratulate @check6otis on the win of this auction. 

Offline check6otis

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 11:13:44 AM »
Thanks @Flyingdragon and I wish you all the best in your pit building.  I have been looking for parts for over 15 years and I know the frustration that goes with it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 11:18:59 AM by check6otis »

Offline Flyingdragon

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Lt. Col
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 11:26:22 AM »
I "love" the ACESS II more than the whole pit so it was important for me too. Enjoy your build too :yihaw:

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2022, 01:23:01 PM »
@Flyingdragon, I had a brand new mortar. I sold it to a fellow VP member within EU area. Later he got a surplus one he was put on the classifieds. I'm not sure it sold at that time. I will ask the member to contact you if he still has it.

Offline Flyingdragon

• -=VP Donor=-
  • Lt. Col
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2022, 02:21:22 PM »
@tiger-31 thank you for your concern and initiative . I will be happy man if he had one for sale.

Offline tiger-31

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 02:56:45 PM »
@tiger-31 thank you for your concern and initiative . I will be happy man if he had one for sale.

I sent him a message with a link to this discussion, so I hope for you he still has one for sale and will get in touch. Best of luck with the hunt.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal