* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 114
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Hi from Sweden  (Read 2075 times)

Offline VanZeb

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Hi from Sweden
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
Hi!

I´m an Architect/Racedriver from Sweden.

I decided to build a F-16 pit last year. Got most panels from Hispapanels, and started learning arduino, dcs bios and pokeys. Have probably wasted a lot of dough trying to figure out how to set up my system and how to interface it, but who doesn´t...

Got drawings from Tejay Beauparlant for the tub and started building during Christmas. I´m doing a 270-degree screen at the same time. My garage is my mancave, and thats where I will set everything up.

I have documented most parts of my build so far and I´ll start a build thread once I start installing the panels. I dont claim that my pit will be an exact replica. I´m aiming for close enough.  ;)

I have bought some real instruments and gauges that I will try to modify and will rely hevily on other builder´s experience there.
I have actually never seen an F-16 in real life. Here in Sweden we only see the Gripen nowadays. And the occasional SU27 sweeping in over the Baltic sea to say hello.

I have seen such great pits here. I´m sure the level of quality of my build will be elevated when being active here.

:beer:
/Sebastian

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hi from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 11:56:37 AM »
Welcome to VP, looking forward to seeing the pictures of your pit build.  :thumbsup:

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 12:01:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Sebastian! To claim that you've wasted a lot of dough is an understatement, as there's probably too many members that spend a fortune on their pits -although I can't place myself within them, as my rig is probably one of the cheapest ones around LOL. Anyway, start shooting questions, and ye shall receive answers.
But above all, remember: we all love pictures here!

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:03:02 PM »
Welcome VanZeb-

Sounds like you are off to a good start. There are plenty of discussions on how various people have built their pits. Watch the dates (some posts may be from several years ago, and things may have improved since then).

The simulator interface systems have changed (evolved) the most. One system will be popular for a while, then a better(?) system comes along. PHCC, X-Keys, PoKeys, AIC, PS Cockpit, USB, Arduino... the list goes on and on. This is probably one of the most difficult decisions for a pitbuilder. Take note of what other members are using (so you can ask questions when they arise). Getting real instruments to work can be a real challenge (not for the faint of heart), but it is very rewarding when you succeed.

Your computer is another important consideration. You don't want to interrupt your flying with intermittent glitches from an old computer or poor interface software. Most members are using the latest version of BMS Falcon, but there are members flying with DCS, MS Flight Sim, Prepar3D, or X-Planes.

My personal advice:
Pay particular attention to the choice of flight controls that you touch the most (ICP, SSC "Stick", Throttle). Also, carefully plan for your primary visual screen (projector/beamers, large screen, multiple angled displays?). This is what will make everything more realistic once you get flying.

The basic tub, switches/panels, LCD screens, flight instruments haven't changed a great deal.

Again, welcome aboard!

PS - You may know, Kukki has a real passion for race driving too
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 02:11:54 PM by Sandman »

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 02:08:55 PM »
Welcome @VanZeb in this great hobby. Be warned, it can easily eat all of your free time  :whistle:
Before making decisions, take (a lot of) time to read several build threads for A to Z. Take notes and finally make the choice. Try to stick to that choice ... You would not be the first to change the interface system half way down the road. make plans and then divide each plan in smaller steps that are manageable within a certain time frame. That way you have things of which you can say "that's done" to keep you motivated. Building a pit takes a few years  :notes:
Looking forward to see what you have built so far  :reading:

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 02:24:19 PM »
Welcome VanZeb - you're in the right place... :thumbsup:

And it sounds like you are off to a fine start - I've personally lost track of the number of times I've hit what I determined to be a dead end only to start again by collecting new/alternate parts...no worries - this is where your second pit comes from!
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 06:53:44 PM »
Hey Sebastian, good to see you here  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And great to have a Scandinavian brother here too.

Surf around inhere and you will get a lot of good idears and help.

Welcome my friend.

Offline Weezer

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 08:41:44 PM »
Hiya Sebastian!

Fellow Swede here....Been into this addictive hobby since around 2004. Off and on, thru the years (As long as there are women, the short stick will always be in our hand).
My advice...don't rush...I've been so over-ethusiastic, every time I've gotten the opportuity to work on the pit, rushig it to get stuff done, only to find, that if I would have thought things thru'...I'd be in a better spot. A huge welcome and good to see other Swedes hookin' up!!

Holler if you need me!

Peace,
/Fred

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 04:20:06 AM »
Hi, nice to meet you.

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 04:52:55 AM »
Welcome in here :) We all are looking forward to your progress. Sounds interesting... using real stuff is always nice if available and the skills to work with them is given. 2 points I do not own  :harhar:

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 11:55:55 AM »
Welcome. What kind of racing?

Offline VanZeb

• 2nd. LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 03:11:10 AM »
Welcome. What kind of racing?

I started racing KZ2 Shifter karts 5 years ago. Then progressed to:

2017 - Ginetta GT5 Challenge Sweden, Ginetta G40 -2nd
2018 - Ginetta GT5 Challenge UK, Ginetta G40 -14th
2019 - GT4 Scandinavia, Ginetta G55 GT4 - 4th
2020 - V8 Thundercars (TA2 Scandinavia), Chevrolet Camaro - 3rd

Taking a break 2021, but have a lead on driving Lamborghini Super Trofeo in Italy in 2022.

If you like you can look me up. Sebastian Arenram :-)

Are you in racing as well?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal