• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Advanced Config Not Saved After Shutdown  (Read 1197 times)

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
Advanced Config Not Saved After Shutdown
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »
Need some help.  Every time I map anything in "Setup" -> "Controllers" -> "Advanced" and hit Save to my current "Current Keyfile" then close out/shutdown Falcon BMS I lose anything configured in "Advanced" when I start up Falcon BMS. 

Each time I make any change in Advanced I see the "Joystick_tmp.cal" and "axismapping_tmp.dat" files get updated.  I have gone as far as making those files "Read Only" files after making the changes with no effect. 

At the moment my only fix is each time I launch Falcon BMS I have to go apply the changes I want under "Advance" every time I wan't to fly.  Any help would be appreciated on this topic. 

BTW I'm not using any files or programs to run my HOTAS other than configuring my Warthog setup under the Controllers page in BMS.  Thank you.

Offline dkm

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Advanced Config Not Saved After Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
Try using Falcon BMS Alternative Launcher v1.50

https://github.com/chihirobelmo/FalconBMS-Alternative-Launcher/releases/tag/v1.50

https://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/showthread.php?31774-Falcon-BMS-Alternative-Launcher-(Easy-Setup-Keep-Joystick-Assignments

Since I have been using this App all my setup issues have gone away :thumbsup:, I can't recommend it highly enough. :cheerleader:

Offline viper26

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 11:03:40 PM »
So after an hour of re-configuring with this new launcher, I can get everything mapped but when I go to map my rudder peddles the launcher doesn't see them.  I can map my toe brakes but no YAW.   

Offline dkm

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 04:17:43 AM »
Sorry I don't have rudder pedals, so really can't help, but don't see why they wouldn't show up like a joystick.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 04:42:15 AM »
After you do all your setup, save the keyfile under a new name. Then load that keyfilee next time you launch. After that it will be the default.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 06:47:54 AM »
Need some help.  Every time I map anything in "Setup" -> "Controllers" -> "Advanced" and hit Save to my current "Current Keyfile" then close out/shutdown Falcon BMS I lose anything configured in "Advanced" when I start up Falcon BMS. 

Each time I make any change in Advanced I see the "Joystick_tmp.cal" and "axismapping_tmp.dat" files get updated.  I have gone as far as making those files "Read Only" files after making the changes with no effect. 

At the moment my only fix is each time I launch Falcon BMS I have to go apply the changes I want under "Advance" every time I wan't to fly.  Any help would be appreciated on this topic. 

BTW I'm not using any files or programs to run my HOTAS other than configuring my Warthog setup under the Controllers page in BMS.  Thank you.

Make sure you have full read/write access to your BMS folders

Kukki

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal