There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Hi everybody  (Read 1984 times)

popeye66

Hi everybody
« on: June 11, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
So maybe it's time to introduce. Popeye66 here. I'm from the northern part of the Netherlands. Love the F16. Stop my car if I see them and that's often because I live where our boys do their training. I don't mind at all  :lolsign:

In the past I had been flying Falcon 4 and recently re-discovered it. And it didn't take long for me to find a cougar, then bought the mfd's, tried to make a panel with arduino and yes, there you go... caught the virus..

Where am I at.
I've got the space, I wanna go full pit
I have my cougar hotas
I have combat rudder pedals
I have an icp working on xkeys
I have two xkeys boards
I've got an arduino and some switches and buttons
I've got loads of sheet material (wood)

What do I need?
 I am desperately looking for some drawings I can use. I have the f16 solid model drawings but can't manage them. Downloaded a trial version Autodesk Inventor but can't get it to do what I want. I see in the past there were stencil-sets but can I still buy them anywhere? Or is there a way to make these stencils? Even if you are a not a computer expert (which I am not)  :stupid:

I found the f16C Reference Library and used the drawings I found there to make the mid-console and an icp-box. Those seem to work but I can't find the drawing of the mfd-brackets and rwr and so on. I found a lot of information, just not that specific one.  It's becoming mythical to me  :hail:
So any suggestions are welcome, I am eager to start. I know you guys like pictures but I can't show anything yet  ;)

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Hi everybody
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:57:59 AM »
Wellcome popeye.

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »
Welcome popeye.........to the nut house  :harhar:

Super cool you caught the virus also, just like many of us inhere.

You got a good start on your project already  :thumbsup:

Try to contact Symulate by pm and hear when he might be able to help you with, I know he also have a lot of comercial drawongs for the pit, so try that.

Else you know how it is, you just surf around inhere and collect appetite on how you want to build you cockpit, but be careful, it can  :outthewindow:

Anyway, super cool to have one more Dutch guy inhere, and Welcome my friend  :beer:

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 01:54:29 PM »
Greetings Popeye,

Yes, that virus is a booger....requires lots of various medicine too:  patience, money, time etc.  What could possibly go wrong?

Welcome!

Blaze

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »
Welcome aboard Popeye! Like Kukki said, Symulate has made plans already. As time goes by, you'll realize that things can only get better for viperpit builders, as we keep getting spoiled by new things designed-built by members of these premises.

popeye66

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Thanks gentlemen, I have send Kiln and Symulate a pm. Can't wait (but I have to).

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »
Ahhhhh yes.  Welcome @popeye66  :thumbsup:
One of the things I learnt here is patience    ::)    :harhar:
Building / working on / thinking about/  etc for more than 6 years now,
but I admit it starts to look like something   :whistle:

Your start is already better than mine! When I joined this  :taz: forum/hobby  :biggrin:, I knew nothing / had nothing.
It's a long road ahead, but a very rewarding one. You (hopefully) pick up a few skills and make new good friends  :beer:

popeye66

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
It already feels like I know you all. Been here for a while, been checkin' all your projects. Man, that's inspirational. I love this place....

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
Greets, Popeye66...you've found the right place... :vprules: !
- Rufus

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:16:48 PM »
Welcome sir! Hope to see your progress soon!

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 04:23:22 AM »
Welcome, another dutchie with the vipervirus !
Hope to see some buildprogress pictures soon.

\martin

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline ramazoti

• Col.
  • Brand new newbie! :D
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 06:12:01 AM »
Welcome aboard mate ..