:thumbsup:

Never say never,
but I am sure that I will not implement sealing inflation  :D
Falcon BMS / Re: Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER
« Last post by Tulkas on Today at 05:25:57 AM »
Ahhh, now I see  :DOH:

There are two roller switches!

That's a new puzzle for me too   :reading:
According to Blaze's post the second one is the safety switch driving the caution light.
Looks like for us pitbuilders this one is not really important, since the lights are controlled by the software anyways...

Ok, I just went and downloaded BMS 4.37 to take a look at the keyfile:

Canopy open, stop and close are for the toggle switch.

The new bit is canopy lock, unlock, which I assume is for the warning light? this will be the roller switch. This one actually is the one which tells the sim the position of your physical spider.

For the time being, there is not "canopy sealing", but I think I am going to add a switch for it as well, just in case it gets implement in the future, but probably it won't be necessary.

I think this settles it?

« Last post by Cupra on Today at 04:06:01 AM »
Why not hardwire lights too  :bat:  :lolsign: :stupid:

Or maybe some of them…  :digger:
« Last post by mihi4 on Today at 01:36:18 AM »

According to Blaze's post the second one is the safety switch driving the caution light.
Looks like for us pitbuilders this one is not really important, since the lights are controlled by the software anyways...
Falcon BMS / Re: Customizing Default Point of View in BMS
« Last post by Sneakpeek on April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM »
I have the exact same problem.
Managed to soothen it by raising the seat a bit. Never got it to work perfectly though, as the size of the HUD on my screen setup (214°) is way off the size on my "physical HUD". But it works alright most of the time and the gain in immersion outweighs it big time.

Didn't know the HUD-View only tool. While it seems OK (to look around, you'd have to assign a keybinding then, I think), I suppose that it might break the multiplayer data integrity check of BMS. Same goes for custom views. Not sure about that, though.

I still hope, that BMS will come up with a solution sometime.

Cheers,
SP
« Last post by henkie on April 17, 2024, 04:36:21 PM »

« Last post by Tulkas on April 17, 2024, 01:58:56 PM »
Thanks, that is what I thought and makes more.

However there is one more switch/actuator that Blaze identifies in the picture above as the one inflating the seal, that's the one I wonder if I have any need to install for the future 🤔

I still don't get it, if in the real plane you use the toggle switch to lower or raise the canopy, why would we want in our cockpits the roller switch to do that job?
The toggle switch is to raise/lower the canopy, I believe the roller switch then locks/seals the cockpit.  Both the toggle switch and the roller switch (via the spider) is implemented in BMS.
« Last post by Red Dog on April 17, 2024, 01:25:23 PM »
I explained very much of the process in my WIp from pahe 112 to 115
https://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=537.msg177914#msg177914
« Last post by Atlas on April 17, 2024, 11:31:04 AM »
I still don't get it, if in the real plane you use the toggle switch to lower or raise the canopy, why would we want in our cockpits the roller switch to do that job?
The toggle switch is to raise/lower the canopy, I believe the roller switch then locks/seals the cockpit.  Both the toggle switch and the roller switch (via the spider) is implemented in BMS.
DCS / Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Last post by Jakkuh-15 on April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.

So basically, setup everything (Arduino driving LED's, Simshaker, etc) for BMS Shared mem, then use DCStoF4 to convert it all back to DCS. Rather than having specific software (simshaker, DCS-BIOS, etc) for DCS, and specific for BMS, to avoid DCS' flaky declarations? Makes sense, things should be much simpler with DCStoF4.

Can you use arduinos other than a mega with F4TS? I understand you couldn't run several OLED's (DED/PFL/FFI) using an uno because of memory constraints, but for simple LED could I get away with Uno's? The documentation seems to say only Mega's can be used (be nice if I could use wired ESP32's as well, but thats another thing entirely)  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal