Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
New User Presentation / Re: Hello!
« Last post by Foghorn on Today at 03:56:23 PM »
Welcome aboard this crazy train.
New User Presentation / Re: Hello!
« Last post by henkie on September 26, 2022, 12:38:50 PM »
You can probably pick up a few more clever ideas here,   :reading:   ;D

Welcome aboard, and please post pictures   :fineprint:.   We like "inspiration"  :lol:
New User Presentation / Hello!
« Last post by Fenwater on September 26, 2022, 12:18:59 PM »
Hello, all!

I'm about a year into flight sims, and I just got my hands on an old TM Cougar throttle that I'm upgrading. I'm hoping to modify it to use lift-over detents for afterburner and idle! This seemed like a good place to start with looking at how people have modified their Cougar throttles already.

Cheers,
Fenwater
DCS / Re: PSCockpit Set Up Issue
« Last post by viper26 on September 17, 2022, 01:40:14 AM »
Thanks Tiger-31.  I've reached out to the seller multiple times and patiently waiting on a response.
Falcon BMS / Re: The Viper Simmer
« Last post by Cupra on September 16, 2022, 11:14:25 AM »
and where it lacked realism.

At least it lacked the moment where Dopey wanted to show some stuff with the TGP and found out that someone has placed a A-Model Grip in the 52 Jet... no DMS switch...  :yihaw:
« Last post by Sandman on September 15, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »
Reading this discussion warms my heart!

When attending one of JJ's Cockpit meetings in the Netherlands, we had the opportunity to have similar mission planning and debriefs by former F16 pilots--- and have them fly in a BMS Falcon cockpit to give us feedback on where the sim was realistic, and where it lacked realism.

Keep up this work- many of us can build a nice looking cockpit, but lack the knowledge of real F16s operations.
« Last post by Marvin on September 15, 2022, 04:58:40 PM »
You have to credit Jody with a bit of extra respect for hitting the turns in the pattern so good. In these 3 projector setups we are using it is not easy to judge the right turn in point, as BMS does screw up the image due to its FOV limitiations. So looking to the left 90° isn't actually 90° left in the virtual world as well, making it incredible hard to get the turn in right! Kudos dude!

Ain’t that the truth.  I’m certain I fly off my HSI more than any real Viper pilot.  Lol. It is the only way we can time these turns Korbi.  And as you can hear me in the video “damn my heading is off” I don’t have it perfected.

Which brings me to a question @Foghorn are headings scored at all?  Or just a reference the range controller needs to know to score/track your misses?  From the HUD tapes I have seen it sounds like he gives a clock position and maybe distance from target.  Something like 9 at 15 is call I heard in one tape.

Jody
« Last post by Korbi on September 15, 2022, 04:40:02 PM »
You have to credit Jody with a bit of extra respect for hitting the turns in the pattern so good. In these 3 projector setups we are using it is not easy to judge the right turn in point, as BMS does screw up the image due to its FOV limitiations. So looking to the left 90° isn't actually 90° left in the virtual world as well, making it incredible hard to get the turn in right! Kudos dude!
« Last post by Marvin on September 15, 2022, 01:28:40 PM »
Reading and seeing this makes me realize the level that can be reached by private simbuilders/simflyers. It is amazing how far we have come technically in private simbuilding and it is awesome that here on VP we can have a professional like @Foghorn  help us understand techniques and procedures. Also a big congrats to @Marvin for succeeding to not only get a dreamsim, but also achieving the level he has in operating it.

I don't think ENOUGH can be said about Foghorn's contribution to this community.    And it is a major contribution just by taking the time to help us all achieve the level of realism we are after.  And I am not blowing smoke up your ass dude, you feedback is SO valuable to us all. 
« Last post by Marvin on September 15, 2022, 01:26:46 PM »
Okay cool.  If the Ops Checks just didn't make the cut in the video, I take back the spanking.  Regs say, "... at least every 20 minutes...", so the techniques I offered are WAY more often than that, which is overkill... but my name is Foghorn.  There is no such thing as 'overkill';  there is only 'open fire' and ' reload'.

Your explanations were bordering on perfect... succinct and factual.  Just add "My technique is.." or "One technique is..." in the spots where you are now describing your technique for something.  That's all.  You do not need to give every possible technique in existence; just call out that what you are now explaining is a technique and not a procedure.  The audience is savvy enough to infer that there must be other, valid techniques in existence, and its up to them to suss them out if they so desire.

A word about your YT viewership.  Are trying to become a YouTuber?  Are you trying to make YouTube videos a career and support yourself with a rapidly growing channel?

God, I hope not.  Yes, your 3-minute videos will get more viewers.  BUT, THEY ARE NOT YOUR AUDIENCE.  Those 3-minute viewers are the bunny-hopping, Call-of-Duty-twitching, short-attention-span-theater crowd that snort Tide Pods and drool.  FUCK 'EM.  Your audience are those hardcore simmers who build badass cockpits, and THOSE maniacs watch your videos all the way through... even if it's only a few tens or a couple hundred viewers.  Time to make a decision on what's your focus and who you are trying to reach.

Jeez, am I always this preachy?  I should shut up.

Ha ha ha God no..  I do You Tube for fun and will not monetize at all.  I'm against it really..  Long story..    But I do feel the responsibility to produce videos for my subscribers, but you make a good valid point.  I should worry about quality viewers over quantity.  The loyal and interested ones will take the time to watch the whole video and learn from it anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal