* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: RHS Console Development  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Symulate

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
RHS Console Development
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:35:23 PM »
Hello all,

Following on from the Solid Model update I have had a bit of time to start on the RHS Console blow-up.  Not a whole heap of progress but hopefully you can see it starting to form.  I am hopeful this will be a quicker process than last time as it is generally a copy and paste of the construction on the LHS although a few bits may need to move around to clear components etc.

As always, feedback welcome.

Regards,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: RHS Console Development
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 08:21:32 AM »
Hello all,

Made some progress with the Noggin design.  These will all need to be shifted around a bit to make sure they don't foul the gauges but I will do that once the blow up is finished.  Race weekend so probably not a lot more progress on this until early next week...

Regards,
Sy

Offline Pekay

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:34:52 PM »
Enjoy the race this weekend, you deserve the break, Lord knows! I used to watch F1 very late on Sunday nights and then fall asleep  :brickwall: sometime near the end of the race. I then got smart and programmed the VCR so if I fell asleep, I could at least watch it the next night. Funny though, that whenever I recorded the race, I never fell asleep.  ::)

Pekay

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:06 PM »
I LOVE F1!!!!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 02:50:31 PM »
I don't keep up with the events, but I love building F1 models!  Only type of car models I like building, really...
- Rufus

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »
Good result for us today but it kept me at the office all weekend...  Hopefully will get the RHS Tub modelling finished this week.

I've also cut a complete set of panels for the CP!  Carbon is much easier to machine than MDF...

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:24:18 PM »
Hello all,

Not a big update but I'm around 1/3rd of the way through the detailed modelling of the blowup.  On schedule to have this done by the weekend I would hope and then on with the drawings and build manual for this.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 02:34:07 PM »
Hello,

RHS Console is now fully blown up.  Shown below with the rest of the platform.  This completes the simple platform modelling.  Next jobs will be to complete the build manual and stencils for the RHS Console.  In parallel I will look at how simple it is to add the canopy sill and sides.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
very nice indeed !
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »
Hello all,

I have finally finished all of the stencils for this module.  In total there are 29 individual drawings ranging from A3 to A0+2000 and 3 large assembly drawings grouped by material size (6mm and 18mm sheet).

Shown below for reference are these three assembly drawings with all of the parts needed for this module completed.

The next few days will be spent completing the build manual and if I get bored some more detailed design work on the cockpit sill module which I started work on yesterday.

Any questions please ask...

Regards,
Sy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal