• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Hi from NL! Advise on what to build first?  (Read 1136 times)

Scuby

Hi from NL! Advise on what to build first?
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:20:36 AM »
Hi all! Im happy to finally be able to login to viperpits. I must say what an amazing website and real looking simpits some of you are building.

Right now, I think i have no intention to get to that level though, but i do want your advise on what is best for me to start with and complement Falcon BMS? My imaginable goal is to have at some point a simple board with MFD's and ICP with a DED display...
Also, if you have some advise on lcd's that would be great.

Thanks guys and keep building because im loving to watch your creations!  :thumbsup:

Scuby
The Netherlands

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
Re: Hi from NL! Advise on what to build first?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:35:04 AM »
First of all, welcome Scuby !

It is difficult to say what to build first, but I guess time is your best advisor.
Take your time to work out several options on paper or in your head.
You already seem to have some ideas, and it looks like a "desktop cockpit".
Some chaps on this forum are doing just that!

As soon as you go further than MFD (screens), you will need to connect switches and lamps.
(Side note: If you use Thrustmaster MFD's, those switches are connected via USB).
At that moment you have to decide which "connection system" you choose. Some are no longer
on the market, but you may be able to buy their stuff second hand (for example Beta Innovations).
In my opinion not the best future-proof option.
Check out white-eagle AIC, JShepperd's system, and if you are able to solder and build electronics
the PHCC system. PHCC is not the easiest system because there is no software for it, BUT Ghost
is working on that.

Reading this forum gives you a wealth of information, should keep you busy for days  :reading:

May the force wisdom be with you in all skies  ;D
- henkie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal