• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Nigel
[Today at 02:39:55 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Hello from the UK  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2023, 12:18:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum--- I'm curious, if this isn't your first rodeo, what have you been riding (building? spending?) until now?
My spare bedroom looks like an explosion in a cold war aircraft boneyard....I'm only exaggerating slightly there  ;D

I'm semi ( and early ) retired now, but I used to work as a gunsmith and rifle builder. Last year I got a worskhop built and pulled all my metalworking machines out of storage, which gives me a lot more options than just 3D printing and whatever I could do with simple hand tools.

I know the feeling, two of my "spare" bedrooms are filled with various aircraft parts, screws / bolts, instruments, and projects in various stages of completion. There is NEVER enough time, even when you retire.

Our pitbuilders have been waiting for someone with the skill set to build a replica F16 20mm Gatling Gun!  (Not sure we can retrofit this into our pits, but that never stops us from trying) :whistle:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Kidding aside, WELCOME AGAIN- we look forward to some of your building now that you have all that free time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 01:26:56 PM by Sandman »

Offline Boomer

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/jimhinkle/boomer/bb1.jpg
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Hello from the UK
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2023, 10:33:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum!!!
Democracy is two wolves voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal