• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Hello from the UK!  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
Hello from the UK!
« on: July 06, 2023, 06:11:11 PM »
Hi!
I’m Jakkuh-15 from the UK.

I’m hoping to CNC build a Block 50/52 F16 cockpit to fly DCS. I currently have a generic fighter cockpit using a custom shell and an original De Havilland Venom FB.52 canopy, which is great but has some quirks which make building for it awful (the canopy is great, my “custom” shell is the problem lol).

I have been using DCS-BIOS to run some LED’s, Servos and OLED Screens for the past few months as a test and all has gone well so far.

Hoping to get lots of inspiration on what and how to build before I start at some point (I still need to sort out a CAD model, mine is incomplete.)

Thank you for the registration acceptance!
I7-12700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060TI, 1TB NVMe, 1TB NVMe (DCS & BMS).

Current cockpit; Generic DH Venom.

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Hello from the UK!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 06:19:11 PM »
Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of good information here.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 12:26:09 AM »
Welcome to VP. I hope you will find a lot of inspiration here. Also do share some pictures of your project with the Venom canopy on :whistle:

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 02:35:57 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 04:50:09 PM »
Thank you, there’s some amazing cockpit builds here!

Please excuse mine, it’s a mess as I have been converting to DCS and removing and replacing bits of it (wires are a mess etc).

Photos included are the cockpit and canopy before the room was built around it, as well as the current test mounting of the MFD’s and using Helios with the DCS F16/F18.

I have also included some prototype acrylic panels I have laser engraved, as well as the dzus mounting panel I made to hold some original panels I own and had converted for X-Plane. They are MDF so not very strong but the V2 is metal reinforced.

I currently have on order from Aliexpress a 2.8” OLED for the DED, due to space constraints in this cockpit I think I will make a Block 60 ICP (With the DED integrated into the ICP). I also have already got a 0.96 OLED and have successfully made a FFI panel. I’m in the process of making a Fuel Gauge with 2 Servos and an OLED.

My plan is while I design my new F16 pit, use my current sim to integrate and test my new designs (ICP, ECM and other panels etc) for bugs/DCS compatibility issues. Part of me would like to see if I could somehow fit my current Venom canopy onto an F16 pit as I really like having it. Not sure if it will work though (any input on that would be appreciated).

Cheers!

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 03:58:21 AM »
Photos included are the cockpit and canopy before the room was built around it,

We normally start with a room and then fill it with a pit, but looking at your pictures, the other way around also works nicely  ;D

Looks great BTW  :thumbsup:
Welcome!

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 01:36:06 PM »
Welcome  :ThumbsUp:

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2023, 06:33:00 PM »
Photos included are the cockpit and canopy before the room was built around it,

We normally start with a room and then fill it with a pit, but looking at your pictures, the other way around also works nicely  ;D

Looks great BTW  :thumbsup:
Welcome!

We ended up taking the room down and making it bigger, my Cockpits were growing so fast we couldn’t fit the new (one) in the old room lol!

Thank you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal