DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Howdy from Dallas Tx!!  (Read 1350 times)

oli_allstar

Howdy from Dallas Tx!!
« on: October 23, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Glad I found this site. Been looking forward to building a pit for a while now. The images of what you guys & gals are doing are very inspiring.

Planning on keeping it simple to start with until I get more confident with all the ins and outs of building it.

Just bought my first jigsaw today. So here we go!

:beer:

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Howdy from Dallas Tx!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »
Welcome to the group from Arizona
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 04:34:04 PM »
Welcome to the nuthouse Cowboy  ;D  And yes its very impressive what the guys and girls have come up with here.

Go throug as much info on the forum you can and if you need help there are pleanty of help to get.

Welcome my friend, and we might see eachother someday, I like to travel to USA and got a lot of friends in TX  :thumbsup:

Kukki

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »
Dallas is a good place to be. With @Valcor, @Willy, @Blaze, @Thunder, and a few others in your area, you have lots of guys in your local area that you can learn from.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

oli_allstar

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »
Wow! Thanks for the heads up.

I'll be sure to contact them.

Thanks!

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 10:46:59 PM »
You should be coming to my place this weekend. Stuart "Blast" will be here later afternoon Saturday. You really want to see my pit while there is time to do it. Come on over to Richardson,  Tx.  Send me a note if you need directions how to get here this weekend. Very limited visit time due to my Brain Cancer.  Would love to have you visit and talk about making pits while I can.

Beau "Willy" Williamson
Richardson,  Texas
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »
You should be coming to my place this weekend. Stuart "Blast" will be here later afternoon Saturday. You really want to see my pit while there is time to do it. Come on over to Richardson,  Tx.  Send me a note if you need directions how to get here this weekend. Very limited visit time due to my Brain Cancer.  Would love to have you visit and talk about making pits while I can.

Beau "Willy" Williamson
Richardson,  Texas

Stuart "Blaze"

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

oli_allstar

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 10:35:45 AM »

Beau "Willy" Williamson
Richardson,  Texas

Hi Willy

I would absolutely love to do that!

I sent you a PM.

Thanks so much!

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 11:16:54 AM »
Sent you my contact info via PM. Hope to see you around 3 or 4PM today.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

oli_allstar

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 01:03:43 AM »
Hi-

I just wanted to take a moment and publicly THANK Beau for his gracious hospitality and warm welcome into his home. I was completely floored when I saw his pit. Saying it was amazing doesn't really do it justice. There aren't any words to describe the kind of craftsmanship and precision he put into every panel, nut, screw, and wire.

I was humbled and inspired, to say the least. He has set the bar very high and I hope that in the years to come that I can be a quarter, if not half as good.

I could see right away from the moment of meeting Willy, how his passion for building a pit could be infectious. I found myself hanging on to every word as he went through module after module and wire after wire.

I'm glad I found this community and getting to meet Stuart "Blaze" as well. He's such a nice soul and very giving and I look forward to getting to know him better as well. @Blaze Have a safe trip to Berlin!

I could go on and on, but as a new guy to this site, the impression I got of Willy as I left his house was that pit building isn't so much a "Hobby" to him but more like a love letter.

A letter to a close-knit community of individuals who share in the same passion...or as he would say, "addiction". His willingness to share all that knowledge and make it public and open so that people like me can discover a site like this and learn how to do it is just remarkable.

What a day and what an introduction into the world of pit building.

Salud-

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 07:20:00 PM »
Hi-

I just wanted to take a moment and publicly THANK Beau for his gracious hospitality and warm welcome into his home. I was completely floored when I saw his pit. Saying it was amazing doesn't really do it justice. There aren't any words to describe the kind of craftsmanship and precision he put into every panel, nut, screw, and wire.

I was humbled and inspired, to say the least. He has set the bar very high and I hope that in the years to come that I can be a quarter, if not half as good.

I could see right away from the moment of meeting Willy, how his passion for building a pit could be infectious. I found myself hanging on to every word as he went through module after module and wire after wire.

I'm glad I found this community and getting to meet Stuart "Blaze" as well. He's such a nice soul and very giving and I look forward to getting to know him better as well. @Blaze Have a safe trip to Berlin!

I could go on and on, but as a new guy to this site, the impression I got of Willy as I left his house was that pit building isn't so much a "Hobby" to him but more like a love letter.

A letter to a close-knit community of individuals who share in the same passion...or as he would say, "addiction". His willingness to share all that knowledge and make it public and open so that people like me can discover a site like this and learn how to do it is just remarkable.

What a day and what an introduction into the world of pit building.

Salud-

Yes Willy and his wife are both special people. It is an honor knowing them both. Blaze is one of those guys that will do anything to help you. Hopefully you will get the chance to meet Earl "Valcor". He is also in your area and a great friend to everyone.

My build thread
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »
@oli_allstar,

It was a pleasure to meet you Oliver.  Beau and I were honored to be the first of the community to hang out with you.  For me half the fun of pit building is the relationships that come out of it!  :beer2:

Welcome to the community and we’re always glad to see more guys in the great State of Texas get into the hobby.

We eagerly look forward to watching your progress over the years.  Good luck with your pit!

Stu

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal