* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 142
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Hello to you ALL  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Blue Leader

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Hello to you ALL
« on: December 05, 2018, 09:10:47 PM »
Hello everybody
I have been waiting along time to do this,  build my own pit. I did build one 25 years ago but never really finished. With family life and my full time work commitments ,there was not really enough hours in the day to become involved in such a complex project.

However, kids are grown up and I am semi retired now, so on my radar is to build a new pit, over the next couple of years.
I live in Cairns, Australia and retired after 30 years of service in the Australian military. I have perused viperpit for a while and am totally astonished with what other pit builders have achieved.

Truly an amazing place with the wealth of information and knowledge, the forums and most of all the help that every body gives to others so builders can continue with their projects and produce some absolutely awesome pits.
I look forward to knowing you and being actively involved in Viperpit.. once I know what Im doing.

Best regards
Richo - Blue Leader

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
Re: Hello to you ALL
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:42 PM »
Welcom to the group!   
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:58:16 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:44:03 AM »
Welcome to Viperpits Richo!

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »
Welcome RICHO ( and thanks for your service )

Love Cairns btw - my favourite city in Aus.
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 06:13:47 AM »
Hello BL!
Welcome to the madhouse.
There is so much great info inhere, so do your self a favour and spent some time looking around inhere, that will be the time worth spend.

Welcome Buddy 👍🏻👍🏻

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
Welcome Richo, on the best forum there is 8)

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 09:56:24 AM »
Welcome, Richo.  There is a WEALTH of knowledge here on VP. 

When I first started building my pit years ago there was a lot of info even back then.  I spent hours and hours reading through the Forum to collect a lot of info on how to build.  I used the info to develop the strategy on how I was going to build my pit.  Over time, however, the technologies and techniques have changed and improved due to the developments and inputs from other Forum members.  That has resulted in some "course changes" in my build direction (some rather radical course changes) that I personally feel have really improved my build results.

Welcome to our pit build craziness and best of luck on your pit build.  Now my advice is to go search and read, search and read and read, read, read (if you haven't already done that) and I'll bet you will find some really good stuff that helps you develop your build strategy.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline ulti

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
Welxome to the nuthouse  ::)

--> Never fly faster than your guardian angel can <--

FCC-2 Cougar, BMS , EDTrackerPro

My cockpit

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 11:06:22 AM »
The best thing or crazy thing about this hobby is how you initially set yourself on a budget then drastically go beyond that budget!  lol
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
...Marvin speaks truth... :outthewindow:...welcome... :thumbsup:!
- Rufus

Offline Blue Leader

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 01:14:14 AM »
Thank you all very much for the welcomes and advising me of what sort of a place this is... nut house, mad house ... hahah I think I'll fit in pretty good..
I could imagine how a person may end up after gaining wealth of information on a complex build and then attempting to put it into practice... Its the challenge to not go insane, its ok to go close.
So after reading the comments I'm sure some of you have been very close... all I can say is well done:  I look forward to my challengers and I will do as advised  read, look around and .. get a job to fund it.

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 02:20:16 AM »
The best thing or crazy thing about this hobby is how you initially set yourself on a budget then drastically go beyond that budget!  lol

No doubt about it. I started out thinking this pit is going to be simple. I don't need the realism. Now I have a Fam. Trainer and owe my life to Paypal and the bank. .... :stupid:  :outthewindow:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:43 AM »

No doubt about it. I started out thinking this pit is going to be simple. I don't need the realism. Now I have a Fam. Trainer and owe my life to Paypal and the bank. .... :stupid:  :outthewindow:

Ha ha ha.  Yup mine started with experimenting on rebuilding a broken AIR SOURCE panel.  Next thing I know....  Several thousands later...
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 12:36:38 PM »
All of the above comments are members' wisdom speaking. I remember when i decided to start, i visited a automotive shop asking if they had any broken dashboard gauges i could 'stick in there' just for the looks LOL. A little later things started to change.. These here premises are a kind of a rare ultra-friendly forum as you will find out sooner or later.  :vprules:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal