• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Sneakpeek
[April 17, 2024, 11:53:20 PM]

Author Topic: Hello from central Florida  (Read 2100 times)

Noluck18

Hello from central Florida
« on: March 23, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
Thank you for the add here.

Having been involved with aviation and flight simulation in general for too many years to mention, I finally found an awesome sim site devoted to the F-16. Have all the programs starting with Falcon 4.0. Designed and built simulators back in the 80's when there were not much CPU resources up to a few years ago re-building an F-16 for a customer and later 8 each F/A-18's trainers for the US Navy.

Been out of it for a while, but this site has rekindled an interest I've had for years. Some great stuff here even though I'm just getting started on the forums. VERY talented folks here, and look forward to seeing more info and fantastic builds!

Have the T'birds practicing over the house for the weekend's airshow here in Melbourne FL, and another air show at TICO in next few weeks. Never get tired of seeing them perform, and having the pleasure of seeing them perform twice in a few weeks is a real pleasure!

Cheers,

Chip

---

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hello from central Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:31 PM »
Welcome...I've done some playing around with trainers myself, going back to the 80s.  Had the occasion to be a "test student pilot" in the T-45A TS at Navy Kings for about a year along the way as well.

Fly Navy... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 08:26:33 PM »
Hey NoLuck!
Welcome to the nuthouse, and im glad to have another fly/sim crazy man inhere.
And yes there is so many talented guys inhere, each one its own level, so a lot to look at and get ideers.

please spend some time to look around inhere and be amazed, and feel free to ask anything you need.

Very interesting to read you have been /followed the sim business for so many years, and yes I agree there have been happening a lot over the past year regards to what we can make/do in our simulators.

Very welcome to VP  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer:

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 04:15:54 AM »
Welcome on board  :beer2:

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Noluck18

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 08:32:13 AM »
Thanks all!

I lost a lot of sleep last night reading the forums here and seeing some of these downright awesome homebuilt simulators. You are all correct, things have changed. Very impressed with the talent here, this site is a goldmine of information. It's going to take weeks of reading to even try to catch up but look forward to it.

Also if anyone is interested I can start a thread of some of the simulators I have designed over the years, old technology but they worked.

Getting ready to head to the Melbourne airport to see the Thunderbirds, so it's going to be a good day.

Again thanks for the warm welcome everyone  :beer:, now off into the madness!  :yihaw:

Cheers,

Chip

---

Offline hy-fye1

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »
Welcome on VP  :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »
Welcome aboard.  Standby to spend lots more time reading and building.  Oh, and don't forget to get ready to spend some money.  This is a crazy hobby and depending on the level of detail you want in your pit, it can get expensive.

:outthewindow:  Yippeee!!
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Noluck18

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »
@Willy,

I've seen your build, you are worse than I am/was, very nice work (and again to ALL the builders here). Man, I wish I would have started years ago when I had access to flight hardware. One if the last trainers I was lead on, well just say that the mechanical engineer prior to myself coming on board had ordered the wrong ground power switch, which was mag held for our F/A-18 project going to the Navy. We wound up with ~40 each very expensive paper weights, I believe they were about $600 a pop or more before we got the proper ones., and it was only the switch had keyway/configuration issues. So yes, I understand $$$!

And your replica panels, been there and done that myself. Since it was a government program, I wound up having Simtek make our backlit panels. Good bunch of folks there for sure.

Getting my ears back after a show of Thunderbirds and a first time B2 stealth bomber over flight, the B2 did 3 passes and was out of here. Awesome sight, just awesome.

Thanks again to all here, look forward into the forest...

Cheers,

Chip

---

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 01:33:56 AM »
Welcome aboard Chip, you've landed at the right place!  :thumbsup:

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 04:13:38 AM »
Hi and welcome here 8)

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »

Getting my ears back after a show of Thunderbirds and a first time B2 stealth bomber over flight, the B2 did 3 passes and was out of here. Awesome sight, just awesome.

Ah yes.  Tough on the ears but I maintain that the sound from those jets (Thunderbirds or Blue Angels) when they do their low passes over the crowds during their show is a heck of a rush and generates a spike in the male testosterone hormone of most of the guys in the crowd.  It certainly elicits shouts of Yeeeeeehaaaaaahh from me.  :bounce2:
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Noluck18

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
@Willy,

Saw the T'birds again yesterday. This time I changed my viewing location... and it turned out to bring me just under the 'turn and burn' flight path. Was perfect seeing and HEARING and FEELING that F-16  performing the 180 degree best rate-of-turn maneuver right over head. I swear I could feel the heat from the AB, Yes, yes, YES! Will be at the TICO show in two weeks to see them again. After that show is over it will be 5 shows in a month I got to see them. Never get's old!

Chip,

---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal