• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Nigel
[Today at 02:39:55 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 01:58:56 PM »
Thanks, that is what I thought and makes more.

However there is one more switch/actuator that Blaze identifies in the picture above as the one inflating the seal, that's the one I wonder if I have any need to install for the future 🤔

I still don't get it, if in the real plane you use the toggle switch to lower or raise the canopy, why would we want in our cockpits the roller switch to do that job?
The toggle switch is to raise/lower the canopy, I believe the roller switch then locks/seals the cockpit.  Both the toggle switch and the roller switch (via the spider) is implemented in BMS.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 04:36:21 PM »
Ahhh, now I see  :DOH:

There are two roller switches!

That's a new puzzle for me too   :reading:

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • https://f16simulator.net
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2024, 01:36:18 AM »

According to Blaze's post the second one is the safety switch driving the caution light.
Looks like for us pitbuilders this one is not really important, since the lights are controlled by the software anyways...
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
https://f16simulator.net

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2024, 04:06:01 AM »
Why not hardwire lights too  :bat:  :lolsign: :stupid:

Or maybe some of them…  :digger:

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2024, 05:25:57 AM »

According to Blaze's post the second one is the safety switch driving the caution light.
Looks like for us pitbuilders this one is not really important, since the lights are controlled by the software anyways...

Ok, I just went and downloaded BMS 4.37 to take a look at the keyfile:

Canopy open, stop and close are for the toggle switch.

The new bit is canopy lock, unlock, which I assume is for the warning light? this will be the roller switch. This one actually is the one which tells the sim the position of your physical spider.

For the time being, there is not "canopy sealing", but I think I am going to add a switch for it as well, just in case it gets implement in the future, but probably it won't be necessary.

I think this settles it?

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2024, 07:52:47 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Never say never,
but I am sure that I will not implement sealing inflation  :D

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2024, 11:35:54 AM »
@Tulkas you can map it to the spider for now and then re-map it later if/when BMS implements it.  At the moment, you can hear a soft hiss for a second or two when you close the spider.

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2024, 02:19:41 AM »
For the time being, there is not "canopy sealing", but I think I am going to add a switch for it as well, just in case it gets implement in the future, but probably it won't be necessary.

Hmmm.. But that would also mean, you will need to have a real canopy to close that switch, wouldn't it?
Otherwise, how is it going to activate?
I think a better solution would be to use a double pole switch on the spider, so the spider activates the spidercommand and sealcommand

(I highly doubt, we will ever see something like that implemented. To me that's the same like all the internal fuel valves, power latches, and so on. Those will be enganged by the system, but not by the pilot)

I think this settles it?

Looks perfect to me!

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy

Offline Tulkas

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2024, 06:27:58 AM »

Hmmm.. But that would also mean, you will need to have a real canopy to close that switch, wouldn't it?

Not really, you can see the horizontal leg of the spider with the semicircular bump at the end that push the seal switch, is just to place one more switch right there. Probably unnecessary, but is not a big job and I am tired of opening and revisiting parts of the cockpit to upgrade  :lol:

Offline mihi4

• General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM »

Not really, you can see the horizontal leg of the spider with the semicircular bump at the end that push the seal switch, is just to place one more switch right there. Probably unnecessary, but is not a big job and I am tired of opening and revisiting parts of the cockpit to upgrade  :lol:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You're totally right! I'm glad I still have the rework of the left side ahead of me ;)
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal