• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Rufus
[April 28, 2024, 04:56:21 PM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)  (Read 24776 times)

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2024, 11:53:55 AM »
Thanks for sharing the lua file.

I did as suggested and cleared my lua file out and just had DCStoF4 export script in there. I ran the CPD as suggested below (worked out how to get YAME64 2.0.0.44 exporting seperate to BMS, so i can start BMS first then run export through YAME).

I'm doing same thing like you. I'd make a CPD for BMS and wish to use it on DCS, the only way is use DCStF4 and I'd make part successful.

My way is

1.start BMS and let it stop in UI
2.start DCStoF4
3.start YAME64
4.Start DCS and make sure DCStoF4 is connect

This way DCStoF4 will copy the data from DCS and convert them to shared memories, so YAME64 can display flight data of DCS.

Welcome to ask more if these helps.:D

Still have no luck with getting it to work with DCS, DCStoF4 prints output with correct values every time but CPD is just stuck saying "Waiting for Falcon". Falcon is running in the background. I wondered, do you have your YAME set to "Get Data From Falcon BMS" or set to "Get Data from Server", with 127.0.0.1 as address and ports 53000 & 53001 for flight data and textures respectively? I have mine set to the former (get data from BMS), but i wondered if it needs to be set to server instead? I have tried it from the server, but with the default ports the CPD is just stuck on "Waiting for Server".

I can confirm YAME/CPD works perfectly in BMS every time so far. No luck with DCS, so not sure whats going wrong. I dont have any BMS hardware though to test out to see if it is a YAME only issue or a config issue.

I think I've got the hang of the YAME display setup though, takes a minute to get your head around lol :stupid:
I7-12700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060TI, 1TB NVMe, 1TB NVMe (DCS & BMS).

Current cockpit; Generic DH Venom.

Offline questerymj

• Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:39 AM »
I've just tried it with version V0.10.0 and no problems.
The DCS-BIOS WEB page displays the DCS F-16 instrument values in real time. And DCStoF4 too.

The .lua export file looks like this:

-- Data export script for DCS, version 1.2.
-- Copyright (C) 2006-2014, Eagle Dynamics.
-- See http://www.lua.org for Lua script system info
-- We recommend to use the LuaSocket addon (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luasocket)
-- to use standard network protocols in Lua scripts.
-- LuaSocket 2.0 files (*.dll and *.lua) are supplied in the Scripts/LuaSocket folder
-- and in the installation folder of the DCS.

-- Expand the functionality of following functions for your external application needs.
-- Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please.

--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\WitchcraftExport.lua]])

-- DCStoF4
local xflight=require('lfs');dofile(xflight.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-XFLIGHT\Util-Dial.lua]])
-- WinWing
local wwtlfs=require('lfs');dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')
-- TacView
local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
-- Helios
--dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\Helios\HeliosExport16.lua]])

--dofile(lfs.writedir() .. [[Scripts\DCS-BIOS\BIOS.lua]])
--[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]
BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]];
BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\Sharknoir\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]];
if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[BIOS.lua]]) end

I'd notived you had disable helios lines, do you ever run it together successully? (I mean run DCStF4、DCSbios、Helios at same time)

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2024, 09:27:52 AM »
I don't know about DCSBios, but I run Helios and DCStoF4 with no problem as long as DCStoF4 is above the helios declaration
I do also use simshaker, but that one is not working when DCStoF4 is declared above it. And if I declare simshaker first, then DCStoF4 doesn't work anymore

For now, my pit has no Simshaker anymore... choices and pitbuilding compromises unfortunately
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2024, 02:45:41 AM »
I don't know about DCSBios, but I run Helios and DCStoF4 with no problem as long as DCStoF4 is above the helios declaration
I do also use simshaker, but that one is not working when DCStoF4 is declared above it. And if I declare simshaker first, then DCStoF4 doesn't work anymore

For now, my pit has no Simshaker anymore... choices and pitbuilding compromises unfortunately

Thank you Reddog! I guess Helios need to be last too. I ever successful get DCStoF4 and Helios run together. but I need either F4TS or DCSbios to run the lamps too. It's  pain in ass to endless test how to get all runs well you know...XD

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2024, 03:38:37 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline Jakkuh-15

• 2nd. LT
  • F16, Venom
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.

So basically, setup everything (Arduino driving LED's, Simshaker, etc) for BMS Shared mem, then use DCStoF4 to convert it all back to DCS. Rather than having specific software (simshaker, DCS-BIOS, etc) for DCS, and specific for BMS, to avoid DCS' flaky declarations? Makes sense, things should be much simpler with DCStoF4.

Can you use arduinos other than a mega with F4TS? I understand you couldn't run several OLED's (DED/PFL/FFI) using an uno because of memory constraints, but for simple LED could I get away with Uno's? The documentation seems to say only Mega's can be used (be nice if I could use wired ESP32's as well, but thats another thing entirely)  8)
I7-12700K, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060TI, 1TB NVMe, 1TB NVMe (DCS & BMS).

Current cockpit; Generic DH Venom.

Offline questerymj

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM »
As far as I know FStS ask for mega2560 only to gain more memories for all codes it need. I don't date test thisXD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal