ACES II PARECHUTE CONTAINER (NEW MODEL) by Kukki
[September 29, 2017, 04:44:18 PM]

Kukki´s Full Metal F-16 Cockpit by Lento
[September 29, 2017, 03:37:07 PM]

Lento's student pit: the new life! by Rufus
[September 28, 2017, 03:15:26 PM]

Hammer.PT F16 MLU by Rufus
[September 27, 2017, 08:58:42 PM]

Author Topic: Wralex's F16 pit v2.0  (Read 171631 times)

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Wralex's F16 pit v2.0
« Reply #600 on: July 27, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »
Really cool progress done! My throttle is working  :cheerleader:

Thanks to everyone for the help! It's more than my expectation.

I have some problem with my FCC3... The straingage of the X axis are broken. Don't know if I get it secondhand like that or if I broke them... I'm in contact with Arend to solve this anyway.  :thumbsup: Only miss the throttle to be flyable.

Soon I hope!

Maybe more news before the end of my holidays?  :whistle:

PS: To those who are using your throttle that way, did you set the AB when you it the bump (100%?) or just where the handle touching the top of the bump? Probably not make a very big difference but I was wondering...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXkfKTqLYU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWXkfKTqLYU</a>

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
    • Awards
« Reply #601 on: July 27, 2017, 03:59:41 PM »
You must be very proud  my friend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BRAVO

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: July 27, 2017, 06:56:09 PM »
@wralex, I set full mil throttle just a little bit past the bump. When I set it at the bump I can hear it trying to go into AB. 
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: July 27, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »
@wralex, I set full mil throttle just a little bit past the bump. When I set it at the bump I can hear it trying to go into AB. 

Thank you. Thats exactly what I notice. I'm doing the same as you.  :thumbsup:

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »
Sounds like you have good bass in your sound system  8)
"If the heat don't get you........"

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2017, 01:49:19 AM »
Way to go Wralex!  A big day for sure, congrats.

Blaze

Offline wralex

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
@Taipan, its a 2.1 logitech system. Nothing crazy.

@Blaze, thank you my friend!

Offline wralex

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
Well, it's the end of the holidays  :( Quite a quiet one, but I made some stuff on the sim.

I make a homemade bracket to install the FDR on the seat. Consisting of 2 angles of 2.5cm x 2.5cm that I cut and adapted. The result suits me. So FDR installed. Check!

I painted the 7 "lamp housing" that I bought from Viper44 printed in 3D. I started the finishing long time ago but... we all have things that we are less interested in and that drags on for long...  Anyway, it's done, painted and installed. Lack the LEDs to put in.
My choice will be this in "warm": http://www.ebay.com/itm/3W-6W-G4-AC-DC12V-COB-LED-Light-Bulb-Warm-White-Cool-White-Lamp-Bulb-1-6-10PCS/381637188821?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=650722024833&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I disassembled the spider to finalize and paint. Check!

Small fussy on the details according to my wife... I made pins for the arming lever and handle release. A rod of 0.250 "with a washer that I drill to 0.250". Glued with charged epoxy adhesive. Just install a nice remove before flight 3x24 orange streamer and voila. I love the look it gives when I do not use the cockpit.  :-[

My FFC3 is arrived to Arend, it should be back soon. I can not wait to fly with it.

I start to figure how I will install viperpanel instruments... I can not figure out how I will proceed... if there are any who have photos or suggestions, I'm in.

The only thing I planned to do that I did not have time is my ladder... maybe by the fall who knows  :whocares:

Otherwise new addition, the Edtracker. I had read a lots of good reviews and it was a problem for me not having a tracker. I would consider that it would increase my flying precision... I spent the last 2 days... and I am a little disappointed I must admit. Order is impeccable, fast shipping to Canada also. I took the pro version wireless.

I have installed opentracker and played a lot with the curves. I do not think I found what I like in terms of configuration. I think it is always too fast on the move, inaccurate when you want to click in the Cockpit (drift or shake) and in the long run, it gives :barf: I tried the Kukki config from his thread (thanks mate) and the one of SharkNoir from C6. I do not say that their curves are not good but I do not like the rendering in my cockpit... I do not know if it is the adaptation that must be done or just me that is too capricious. I have to recenter extremely often. Cockpit or Edtracker or Opentracker. The drift I do not talk about it... we look at the right and fix a point. the edtracker slowly returns towards the center... we return the head to the center, and cause drift we look to the left when we should have looked at the center... It's better since I tried to reconfig and I redo the "0" as it should but it happens again randomly.

I stopped flying there an hour and I still feel the effect.

If you have any suggestions, advice, criticism, anything about it, I'm in. I do not understand that the number of users, I am the only one who is disappointed with his purchase. I almost rush to buy 1 projector or 3 screens type 46"  :brickwall: :countingmoney:

I finish with the pictures as usual.  :vprules:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »
Lets Skype when you have time Wralex, I tink you have it set wrong some how.

Kukki
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:51:01 AM by Kukki »
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline simpit

• Brig.General
  • f16fighter.de
  • VP Awards : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • f16fighter.de
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2017, 05:19:55 PM »
Hi Wralex,

looks absolutely awesome  :clap:.
Have a nice day

Hans Dieter

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: August 06, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
Niceness... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2017, 03:30:32 AM »
looking great   :thumbsup:
Obviously, you spent your holidays time in the best possible way   ;D

Offline wralex

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
Hello guys!

Was really busy since the last weeks. My new FCC3 is arrived friday so the weekend was spent on flying in the pit and working on my EDTracker drifting problem.

I was in contact with Dorian from EDTracker since 2 weeks and he sent me a couple of email with possible solution to my drift problem.

So, I took friday afternoon to try all he sent me and here's the results:

August 12th: He sent me a link to try to solve the problem. http://support.edtracker.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=3 Also the "Auto bias" button is mentioned but this is now called "Set Level".

August 16th: He talked to me about my cockpit and seat. As I said to him previously, my entire pit is in wood and fiberglass. No metal/aluminium. Every calibration are done in the pit/seat since the beginning. He also suggested me to do a degauss.
Also one of my colleagues explained there is a possibility that for whatever reason, sometimes, the magnetometer itself inside the EDTracker can become magnetised. In this case there is a degauss function built into the user interface.
So I make the degauss and I recalibrated the entire tracker. The degauss fonction is in the dev mode. Developer mode is now found under Config -> Mode -> Dev.

August 20th: He send me an other email and talking about the "Windows built in "USB Game Controllers". I don't know what it is and how it works so this could not be my problem as I have not try anything like that.

Just to confirm, I'm using EDTracker Pro UI V.3.0.0.9 and the opentracker V.2.3.7

As I don't have any headset now, the tracker is fixed directly on the top of my cap with a drip of hot glue. The cap don't have any metal. Only fabric.

So now, august 27th, after trying all those solution friday the final result is: The drift problem seems to be solved.  :hail: I made a 30 min flight in my pit friday and a couple of hours flight saturday and sunday. I will work on my curves too to try to adjust the angle of view but, up to date, that's the best results I ever get.

Thanks to Dorian for his help.  :thumbsup:

Two weeks ago, me and my wife saved a young kitten fallen from the car in front of us. So, to protect the pit cables, I have stitched a aluminium net under the pit to prevent the cables from the kitten bites  :harhar: Hope that will be enough. That will be my new co-pilot.

And finally, today was the first time I was able to contact with the tanker!  :yihaw: Ok ok just a couple of seconds... but that better than nothing. That's so though!  :grumbl: :mad: Just a quick printscreen to prove it  :thumbsup: Need to work on my speed and path...  :reading:

Have a nice week!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: August 27, 2017, 10:22:42 PM »
I celebrate when DON'T shoot down the tanker.... :D
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Hempstead

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community
    • Hempstick Official Site
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:56 AM »
I celebrate when DON'T shoot down the tanker.... :D

You mean shooting the tanker with a manned missile?