Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Faan's pit  (Read 107804 times)

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
Re: Faan's pit
« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2017, 02:09:00 AM »
Thanks RD, I can certainly help myself out with these 2 images!

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards : King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »
No real progress but last week our virtual sqn was present with 6 people at the local fly-in. We were at the hanger dedicated to sims.
As I'm in the mid of a big renovation, I couldn't bring all of my gear, but the low end wooden construction with some non-connected panels, plus the second screen with YAME and MFDs + ICP and my entire suit was well enough.

I was also filmed apparently by the town media (I'm at 02:04-02:13): https://vimeo.com/227725089

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2017, 02:15:21 AM »
Nice   :thumbsup:
Although I do have different memories from Pussycat (the song Mississippi at the end for non-EU readers)   :D
That bottle of "oil" was also a great idea.
And of course the "simmers" in action ... a bit more of that would have been nice.

@Focaldesign : please announce this event next year in time. I liked that there was not a big crowd.
I will come over next year, less than 1 hour drive, so ...

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2017, 01:22:55 PM »
I'll try to remember to let you know when the dates for next year are available Henkie.

On a side note, was invited to Kleine Brogel AFB today with several others to take pictures of the 4 special tails currently on base.
FA-70 from the 349 sqn; FA-94 from the 31 sqn; FB-24 from the OCU sqn; and FA-123 from the BAF demo.

More pics at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/focaldesign/albums/72157686996957916

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »
Thanks @Focaldesign
I guess a few Dutch, German and French guys will be looking forward to next year's event   :bounce2:

Great picture (as usual coming from you)  :thumbsup:
Almost as beautiful as the Dutch F-16 in orange with "our lion"  (my avatar)   :biggrin:

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »
Almost as beautiful as the Dutch F-16 in orange with "our lion"  (my avatar)   :biggrin:
Yes, that one paint scheme did a few years. I photographed it a first time somewhere in 2009 on the Tigermeet at EBBL, and photographed it a last time in 2012 at Sanicole sunset show.

Offline Redneck

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2017, 03:41:20 PM »
To bad the dutch defense had to put the J-015 back to active duty. It was my favorite paint job.
Like the greek ZEUS as well its my 2nd best.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
@Redneck : YOU painted that ???

:hail:   :hail:   :hail:   :hail:   :hail:

Outstanding  :clap:

If BAF needs a good photographer for "commercial" activities, I guess they know who to call Faan  ;D

Offline Redneck

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:15 PM »
@henkie are you drunk :harhar:, i cant even paint a door.

Offline roccio

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2017, 04:27:04 AM »
wow, I've never noticed how low are the stick and throttle. Is this the real F16 position or just your "take away" pit?  ;D
There's only one way out of here. Piece by piece.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2017, 05:03:35 AM »
wow, I've never noticed how low are the stick and throttle. Is this the real F16 position or just your "take away" pit?  ;D
they are way too low to be correct. It's made for sitting on a wooden plate as seat, but with the aces on top I sit too high.

Offline roccio

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »
Ok, thank you.
There's only one way out of here. Piece by piece.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: August 03, 2017, 09:35:01 AM »
@henkie next year's Fly-in will be  28 & 29 july 2018.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2017, 02:46:13 PM »
Last weekend our senior member "Boots" reached the milestone of 1000 online flying hours on BMS.
Today was our monthly LAN so we needed something to congratulate him: some wine with custom wine box and a special cake (no my helmet he could not keep :D)

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »
SO. Super Cool man, that is the way to do it 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)