Wolverine's F16 Block 52 by Wolverine
[December 01, 2017, 02:27:16 AM]

Symulate Cockpit Plans by Symulate
[November 30, 2017, 02:05:26 PM]

BMS 4.33 U4 is here. by Icarus
[November 30, 2017, 03:45:45 AM]

Azul's Pit by Azul
[November 29, 2017, 04:07:10 AM]

Author Topic: Blaze's Pit  (Read 24268 times)

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Blaze's Pit
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2017, 02:55:28 PM »
Fantastic!  What exactly are you using for your seat jack?... :notes: ...
- Rufus

Offline Moose

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2017, 03:49:42 PM »
Nicely done !
" Do onto others as you would have them do unto you "

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2017, 04:40:22 PM »
Super  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: July 30, 2017, 06:03:44 PM »
Thanks gentlemen!

@Rufus - here is a picture of the actuator label with the part number and brand.

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »
Many thanks... :thumbsup: !
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »
Fantastic. I plan to do the same with an actuator from Northern Tools. The same way that @Pekay did.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2017, 01:49:32 AM »
Smooth going   :thumbsup:
Did you also implement end switches to limit the movement (making it fool proof  :D )?

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »
@sagrzmnky , I watched his test video, looks like a solid choice!

@henkie , yes this model has built-in adjustable microswitches.  Funny you should mention that though, I have to adjust the lower limit switch because my initial "guess" was about a 1/2 inch off.  :taz:  That means I have to do exactly what I was hoping I wouldn't need to do - pull the seat back off the floor structure and reinstall the motor again after the adjustment.   :DOH:

Blaze

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:12 AM »
 :harhar:  pulling the seat back off the floor is a good exercise. No need to go to the gym for fitness training.
But thanks for letting know - I am warned to (try to) do it first time right   :D

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2017, 09:38:44 AM »
Things are getting really inspiring now!  Seeing a glimpse of how the display will look really got me pumped!

I did a rough setup for now, but I discovered I will need to adjust the height of the side projectors by about  8 inches or so.  I am glad I didn't put too much time into the warping and blending since all of this will need to be done again.  After I get the side projectors raised, I will spend the proper time using a laser level to warp the picture accurately.  You can see from the dark shaded areas on the screen how the proper blending I'm talking about has not been done yet.  (For those of you who are not familiar, there are software programs that take flat projector images and shape them to look correct on conical and dome screens.  Using the software to do this process is called "warping".  The other problem that exists when you use more than one projector is the overlap from one beamer to another.  To fix this, the same software is used and the process is called "blending".  So with proper "warping" and "blending" you get one smooth, continuous picture and fantastic immersion effect.  Another neat feature of the software is called "masking".  This allows you to set points at the edge of the screen and in my case around the nose of the cockpit where a black void is projected.  That way you don't see the annoying overshoot light from the projectors to the ground or on the sim itself.)

So once I make the final adjustments, calibrations and fine tuning I think I will be quite satisfied with the results.  I will post more pictures and a video when all of this is finished of course.

Other miscellaneous things are getting done as well and I hope to start working on the side shells very soon.

Blaze

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:44:25 AM by Blaze »

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »
Way to go Stu  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks very good so far  :thumbsup:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
Thanks for posting @Blaze
I really like this.  A great example where I hope to be in 2020   :whistle:

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
Way to go Stu  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks very good so far  :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!

Offline Blaze

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
Thanks for posting @Blaze
I really like this.  A great example where I hope to be in 2020   :whistle:

Thanks @henkie,  it's pretty cool stuff!

Offline wralex

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »
Awesome screen setup my friend! Exactly what I want for my pit! Can you give me more info about the screen building itself?