* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 65
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: LHS Console Development  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Symulate

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
LHS Console Development
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »
Hello all,

Before shutdown I reported that I was re-jigging the LHS console model to allow fitment of the hardware from a correct throttle assembly.  This has now been done as shown below fitted with Mikes panels.  The throttle assembly is the Aerotronics one.

The console is now fully modelled and will now be turned into drawings etc.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
Re: LHS Console Development
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:51:29 AM »
Hello all,

As it is a race weekend I haven't accomplished as much as I would have liked but I have decided to upload the LHS Console Build Manual in an incomplete state.  This is the most complex assembly thus far so I would appreciate any feedback on whether there is enough detail in it for people to understand what is going on.  I realise it would probably be easier with proper parts in front of you but at least you get the idea.

It is missing the final few steps (which should be obvious) and also the BOM which I will complete early next week before moving on to the stencils.

Any questions or comments please ask...

Regards,
Sy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
What sort of racing, Sy? F1 by any chance?

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 01:07:44 PM »
Yes, I'm an aerodynamicist.  So wings... But upside down.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:47:23 PM »
Hello all,

I have now finished all of the individual drawings for the LHS console, varying in size from A3 to A0+2000.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will finish the nested drawing and complete the build manual.  At this point this third module will be completed and can be released.  I can get on with modelling the final RHS console.

I have attached to this drawing one of the .pdf files which make up part of the drawing set to see if anyone wants to try printing and checking the dimensions come out OK.  I have had no complaints about other test pieces I have put out there but there is no harm in making sure everything is still OK.

Thanks,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 04:56:02 PM »
Hello all,

I have just finished all of the drawings for this module.  Please find attached the grouped pages of all 28 parts.

By the end of the weekend I hope to finish the build manual, review and check all the drawings and then this third module should be ready for release.

Regards,
Sy

Offline Symulate

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »
Hello all,

I have just received a good question regarding whether I plan to make a version of the platform with full sides.  The short answer is yes I do.  The way I plan to do this is as follows.  The current design uses an external skin which forms the outer section of the ribs and bulkheads.  This is currently trimmed off above the console to make the "simpler" platform design.

The first four modules (of which three are now available) will make this starting platform without the full sides.  There will then be the optional fifth module which will include all of the parts needed to turn the simpler platform into the full one with cockpit sides and a canopy rail.  This fifth module will have a number of new parts in it, namely the canopy rail and additional front bulkhead pieces.  It will also have a number of replacement parts, namely the ribs and the console tops.  The ribs will need to be made completely new, the console tops you will be able to modify to just add clearance holes.  These are shown as orange and yellow respectively in the drawing below.

By splitting it this way you need to purchase less modules if you are only interested in making the simpler platform.  If you want to make the more complete platform you will need the additional module.  I hope by highlighting this now, those that are planning on going the full fat route can decide not to manufacture the orange bits below and thus save themselves some time and material. 

Any questions/comments/thoughts please shout!

Regards,
Sy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal