* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 104
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: Viperpits: Not just a tech site!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Viperpits: Not just a tech site!
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:34:34 AM »
Some of you might have noticed Jody (Marvin) has offered me a set of knobs by Bio Hazard. Jody's offer was more than kind; the package arrived ultra-fast, and contained some extra items.
A big thank you is just not enough, I'm truely speechless. This was a Godsend gift, and came at a time when my morale is more than just too low.
Like i mentioned in my thread, real life takes good care of delaying my build progress, in unimaginable ways. It seems as if some undescribeable power sends me obstacles continuously.
Sorry if this all sounds too boring and 'heavy' on my side, but you might recall my mother passed away from cancer some 3 and a half years ago. After that, my dad started having Alzheimer symptoms, and is now real bad. This means that there's no family time, and certainly no hobby time. Best solution would be an institution, but finances don't cover it. Thus, I'm with him 24/7. The things he does, and the things he says, would sometimes make me laugh and sometimes make me feel like crying.
I know this is irrelevant to the subject, but just when depression knocks the door, Jody's gesture feels like a light at the end of the tunnel! No words can express how I feel for what my friend has done.
So, thanks a whole lot Jody! God bless you.  :hail:
Here's what showed up today:

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
Re: Viperpits: Not just a tech site!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
Keep Strong @salaxi54   I know the past years have not been the "easiest ones"
Jody earned a multiple-100 karma points in one fantastic action  :clap:
This site really creates life-time friendships  :vprules:

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 03:09:25 PM »
@salaxi54, I know some of what you are going through. My father, has what is known as, Combative Dementia. It is a lot to deal with, but he does not live with me. However, my father in law lives with us and he also has Dementia as well as Parkinson's and is in a wheel chair. It is some tough stuff to deal with for sure.
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
Hi Salaxi,

Glad I could help.  Glad I could help with your moral as well.  Best of luck my friend!
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Lightning101

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 11:18:03 PM »
Marvin is one of the best member here. He help me a lot too and he is a really good guy.

If this community had more guys like him and and less people who try to make money on the simmer back, this should be awesome.

Congrats to Marvin and you Salaxi!

Offline Catcher

• Live fearless Live free
  • -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • Semper WiFi
  • VP Awards Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »
First thing I read this morning, although life must be hard for some of you guys here, it is hartwarming to read posts like this.

Being a member here makes me feel proud and humble :thumbsup:

Ralph

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
I wish you guys both all the best and health. Some small moves that have great impact all around.  :thumbsup:

Azul

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
He is is great friend  :clap:

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 12:46:10 PM »
Hey there fellas, I felt the urge to re-post here, as once again, my opinion on Viperpits not being just a tech-site is proven right!
Just a few days ago @Blaze  had some items in the Classifieds, one of which was the throttle guide, which he offered to the first person to PM. I was that lucky first person, and asked Stu to hold on to that item until I could pay shipping charges.
But he didn't hold on to it; rather he shipped it right away! So, thank you Stu, i'm really speechless.
Here's what I got:

Words are not enough for this gesture. You made my day pal!  :vprules:

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 12:48:34 PM »
Awesome guiderail, and awesome gesture!  :clap:

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
Way to go Blaze!
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 06:02:25 PM »
That is why VP is such a great comunity to be part of, ots not only tech, pits and parts ITS indeed FRIENDSHIP WORLDWIDE  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vprules:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal