There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: "New" Falcon 4.0 Release  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Crease-Guard

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« on: April 23, 2005, 05:32:42 AM »
Apparently, there seems to be a stealth release of a "new" version of Falcon 4.0.  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0008GLHLW/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/104-0411052-2222358?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance.  Reading over at Frugals it appears to be a real deal and not some nebulus vapor ware (although I assume everything is vapor ware until I start seeing product first hand).  The scuttlebutt is that this is TNG and that that NG is ViperOps of 18 months ago.

Can anyone here shed any light on this without violating any trust?

Also, Boxer, you and the BMS group have done some absolutely top notch work with BMS and especially you with the call backs and the wishes of the pit builder in mind.  We thank you for your efforts and can only hope that if a new release is coming, that they have kept pit builders in mind the way you have.

Jay

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:06:15 PM »
I glossed over the thread earlier in the week, it seemed to be about nothing,,but.. it seems like it IS for real.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=86817&page=1&pp=50

Now,,,what does that mean for us pit monkeys?

Offline Infidel

• LT. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.mccrowley.com
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 04:23:43 PM »
Pulled this off the thread at frugals:

"I am now confident that this ain't going to be a stinky. Don't be expecting Falcon 5, but expect better than OIR and if you read the VO changelog expect at least that much including better than mp5.1 multiplayer stability. After a little digging I will go out on a limb and say if this isn't worth $29 I'll go buy a hat so I can eat my hat.

Frugal"

Be interested to know if there are any cockpit friendly features in it.

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 12:38:03 AM »
Direct link to 16 meg screenshot download

http://66.159.17.22/Falcon-AF-Screens.zip

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 07:36:11 AM »
I'm hoping that the whispers that we will see MFD/data extraction by the end of the year, was taking the F4 AF release into account, if so, it's great news for us.

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • https://f16simulator.net
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 07:07:20 AM »
Quote from: "Kabar03"
I'm hoping that the whispers that we will see MFD/data extraction by the end of the year, was taking the F4 AF release into account, if so, it's great news for us.
Yes, that would be great...
Since I met Schumi in person and heard him talk about MP-Code 4 years ago, we can expect a veeeeeeeeeeeeery improved MP-code. Overall, I can't await the new release :)

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
https://f16simulator.net

Dustman

"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 12:13:15 PM »
Hey folks,

Long time no see! Been out of flying action for quite awhile and was wondering how online flying is with the latest F4 releases and add-ons? Reviewing some of our old posts about our online flights reminds me of the inconsistency we experienced in our connections but also of the fun when things worked well. Hopefully things have improved.

Certainly you pit builders are taking some time from building to actually fly?

Getting the hankering to fly again myself.

Take care,

Dust

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 01:13:49 PM »
Hi, Dustman, wow, been awhile.

Send me your MSN contact, I had lost it several crashes ago. :shock:

Flareless, Hack, Gwen and a few others have stable multiplayer. I havnt
connected for a flight since the last time I flew with you. I still fly a lot of offline, FF3, pretty stable.

I think I'll wait for the new release of Falcon to fly in an online enviroment, I just don't have the patience to tweak and setup like I used to for online. What are you guys playing online lately?

Dustman

"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 01:31:15 PM »
Great to hear from you! Has been awhile. I'll get you my MSN contact. I think you may still be in mine and I can send you a message.

Haven't been doing too much of anything gamingwise. Play a little Joint Ops every once in awhile. Signed up for free trial of AcesHigh but haven't been back to even fly  :(

Do you know when the next version of F4 is due out? I'm not sure I have the time or patience for all the tweaking for online either. Is online supposed to be better in next ver?

Anyway, hopefully we can fly again. We had some great times. You remember our Longbow days? I think that's where we met if I remember correctly.

Take care,

Dust

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
    • Awards
"New" Falcon 4.0 Release
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »
The new release is due out in June, YMMV of coarse :D

Mutiplayer is supposed to great. Hopefully it works as promised, I remember many hours of us tweaking our setups for 10 min flights before someone dropped :(

Yea, LB2, jeeze how many years ago was that? We had lots of great times
flying the apache. I remember setting up comms with speakfreely. Back when we both had 56k modems, again we spent a lot of time tweaking settings for stable connect, we did manage though and had lots of fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal