Offline FlyBoyd

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Hello
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Hello all! 

I am excited to be a part of this forum and don't really think I've ever properly introduced myself. 

I am a prior USAF Pilot flying the Bone for a few years before moving to MQ-9s.  I chose MQ-9s for family reasons as it put me closer to my daughter.  I have now been flying the MQ-9 for 10 years.  I still fly as a member of the ANG in California and also fly as a contractor deploying to many locations around the globe. 

I have always been a fan of flight simulation and have been flying simulation for as long as I can remember.  It's part of the reason for joining the USAF to begin with.  I have seen the evolution of flight sims from solid colors and triangles to VR and photo-realistic terrain! 

I've always been a fan of the F-16 and have flown and loved BMS since the early days and now fly the Viper in DCS.  I have always wanted a pit and am now in the process of getting one made. 

Due to my deployment rotation I am in the process of creating some peripherals that are easy to take on the go aside from the pit.  I have browsed this forum for advice many times and love all the help.  I am glad to be a part of it and I hope I can contribute to this community as well.

Thanks!

Boyd "Panic" Smith

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 02:49:02 PM »
Hey Boyd!
Nice introduction  :thumbsup: you and I have talked with each other, and I just want to formally WELCOME you to the NUT HOUSE  :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Always good to see a new member there is just as crazy as the rest of us.

Enjoy your journey here my friend, and once again Welcome

Kukki

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 02:59:20 PM »
Welcome Boyd

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 03:16:10 PM »
Greetings Boyd!

You are a lucky man flying the Bone.  There is not much like listening to the sound of that jewel taking off in burner.

Good luck on your pit and welcome!

Blaze

Offline jjbravo

• General
  • Callsign: Vino
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »
Welcome and thank you for your service!

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 03:41:18 PM »
Hi Boyd and welcome. Thank you for your service Sir.
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline jskibo

• Captain
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 03:45:28 PM »
Welcome Boyd.

Great game last Saturday :)

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 04:03:11 PM »
Welcome Boyd
It's great to have you here.
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline FlyBoyd

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 08:04:43 PM »
Hey Boyd!
Nice introduction  :thumbsup: you and I have talked with each other, and I just want to formally WELCOME you to the NUT HOUSE  :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Always good to see a new member there is just as crazy as the rest of us.

Enjoy your journey here my friend, and once again Welcome

Thanks man!  Lots of great stuff on this site! 

Kukki

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 04:03:53 AM »
Welcome aboard! How does it feel to fly a Reaper instead of being inside a plane?
My guess is that it would feel more like a simulator, but you know better.  :thumbsup:

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 04:51:58 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 11:04:01 PM »
Welcome...a good friend of mine is just off to start Bone training.

Expensive beastie, but I can suggest one of these for a suitcase-traveling setup -

https://xkeys.com/xk12joystick.html
- Rufus

Offline FlyBoyd

• 1st.LT
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
Welcome...a good friend of mine is just off to start Bone training.

Expensive beastie, but I can suggest one of these for a suitcase-traveling setup -

https://xkeys.com/xk12joystick.html

Well I wish him luck!  He's going to love it!

Thanks!

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
...he went from an Lt in the USN to a Capt in the USAF...fastest rise to Capt in Navy history!
- Rufus

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 11:23:36 PM »
Welcome to the freak show... :taz:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal