Simulation Software > Falcon BMS

FCC2 curves for realistic controls

(1/2) > >>

Helidude:
Hello
Just bought a Cougar stick with FCC2 mod, and wonder what x/y axis curves/expo you use for a "realistic feel" in BMS?
I use TARGET Software, but i guess Foxy or Joystick Gremlin curves would apply.

Thanks
Ivar

Rufus:
Pretty sure you want to use a 1:1 linear "curve", with max input being at 25 pounds force...of course, you'll have to bolt that thing down... :reading: .

Helidude:
wow.. i better get those wrist exercises going!  :lol:

Thanks

Rambowski:
I am not sure if it helps, but I am using the ViperGear VFS, there is a ViperGear manual stating that the x-y axes values should be around 324, I have flown in a real airforce F-16 sim and I can conform that those values with the VFS are pretty accurate. Maybe it helps while calibrating your stick. Good luck!

Rufus:
That's great input, @Rambowski .  One of the things us "gamers" often overlook in our controls is that being under G in a real cockpit actually helps you pull the stick, and that's why RL stick forces are as high as they are.

I've spent a lot of time flying RL Trainers (and once got to fly a Trainer configured Super Hornet from the back seat) and dealing with RL control forces in a Trainer at 1 G can be as big a workout as dealing with RL Gs when flying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version