* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 30, 2024, 06:49:56 AM]

Author Topic: Stirring the Pot  (Read 2257 times)

Holly

Stirring the Pot
« on: January 07, 2009, 03:33:59 AM »
I heard somewhere that Lead Pursuit's site was down. So, I went to take a look and found this on the news page:

News Update: January 1st, 2009

Happy 2009!

Its amazing how time flies when you're hard at work.

Happy New Year!
Lead Pursuit

Thoughts?

Theories?

Wishes?

Offline TOR

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Awards
Re: Stirring the Pot
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »
Hey "Holly"!

In here... within this forum of freaks - all we really have in mind, is to do a replicate of the F-16 cockpit - with all the instruments functional - rather than using a keyboard & mouse, when flying that "oldie"... FALCON 4.0...

Seriously mate... you have got to look through a lot of threads during the next weekend..... but after that, I?m sure you know more about what it is all about.

And please...... do not get "scared" by users allready....  :whistle:

The stuff you see with people, already having a pit..... THAT is your motivation - just like me  :notes:

Take care mate,

GUN

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:18:22 PM »
What GUN is trying to say is that Falcon 4.0:AF is not the most favorite sim around here, because of the problems we encounter interfacing Falcon AF with our cockpits ;)
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »
I'd love to jump in here but I'd be writing all week, wouldn't know where to stop.  Avionics, customizability, cockpit integration (as mentioned), VISUALS, lots of internal operations not modelled, basically all comes down to REALISM -- why build a pit if you don't care about realism?  And why use AF if you do?

Offline lightning

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • Lightning's Tools GitHub repository
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 05:19:38 PM »
News Update: January 1st, 2009
Happy 2009!

Its amazing how time flies when you're hard at work.

Happy New Year!
Lead Pursuit

Thoughts?

All I got out of that was "Happy New Year.  Full stop."

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »
Ehm... Maybe some one bought it.  ;)   :lolsign:
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

String2054

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:48 AM »
Holly works at an F-16 flight simulator facility (Flightdeck) that is licensed to use AF in there sims. AF works well for public use and I can see his interest in the status of Lead Pursuit.

:DOH:

String

Holly

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »
What GUN is trying to say is that Falcon 4.0:AF is not the most favorite sim around here, because of the problems we encounter interfacing Falcon AF with our cockpits ;)

Right, I know that AF isn't a pit builder favorite for numerous reasons. I should have placed emphasis upon the "Hard at work" part. It's been four years since AF's release and I'm shocked that LP hasn't followed up yet.

I should have been more clear: Do y'all think that 'Hard at work' means hard at work on a new product, or "Hardly working".

Viperpits tends to have a minimal amount of the political stuff that goes on in some of the other communities and generally better info, so I thought I'd pose the question to you. :vprules:

Holly works at an F-16 flight simulator facility (Flightdeck) that is licensed to use AF in there sims. AF works well for public use and I can see his interest in the status of Lead Pursuit.

:DOH:

String

Didn't want to bring up work and create the impression I was sneaking in a plug. I think my avatar is enough of one.

Obviously we are very interested in LP's status for a variety of reasons. With the weird happenings in transferring of rights with Falcon lately we're always concerned about where we are legally and what the effects are on our rights to operate using Allied Force. Additionally we're concerned with respect to future development of software by LP. As a simmer I'd love to see LP put out a product that could compete with LOMAC in terms of visuals and Falcon in terms of being a study sim. As an employee I'm concerned about our ability to acquire the rights to any new LP product, especially considering their past actions with their product.

I was just fishin' for any good gouge to be had.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal