* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by SharkNoir
[March 17, 2024, 03:19:25 PM]

Author Topic: bms and Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel  (Read 21262 times)

nes

bms and Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
hi all...

i have a dream to use Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel on bms. to my RWR.
but i thing is just to fsx.  is anybody got a software to use this on falcon bms..

from nes. :-\

Offline Taipan

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
Re: bms and Saitek - Flight Instrument Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
can i suggest this instead - http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=7402.msg101170;topicseen#new

Martins work is excellent

I dont recall seeing anyone doing this
t
"If the heat don't get you........"

yossarian

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »
Hi,

I'm looking for the same solution as nes was looking. I'd like to use my Saitek FIP (Flight Instrument Panel) as the HSI or RWR in Falcon BMS.
I was found the partial solution build by Raptor007 in the Saitek forum:
http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=16028

But Raptor's soft has limitations. It's allow to display main computer monitor on the FIP screen but this is invisible in the Windows 7 OS.
And, its strange, it don't shows the panels displayed from Falcon MFD Extractor tool. And of course, this soft don't have a service for two rotation knobs. It will be perfect for course and heading control.

The Saitek FIP from my perspective is ideal for HSI.

Does anybody have solutions, ideas how to use FIP as HSI?

P.S. Raptor has finished work on his tool. But I already wrote the e-mail to Raptor, maybe he agree to do some updates to his tool.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 01:35:58 PM »
I had this working this morning. I took an FPS hit but this is on my laptop so it doesnt mean much.
Your options are:
MULTI
ATTITUDE
RWR
ILS
MFD1
MFD2

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/IMG_4251_zps08631627.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/IMG_4250_zps8d7e7b32.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/IMG_4244_zps57027bf5.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/IMG_4240_zps315bf59d.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/NigelTufnel11/IMG_4238_zpsa5550334.jpg

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
This would be way cool for a desktop setup I think, you do need to run MFDEX along with it.

Offline Focaldesign

• General
  • VP Awards King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Buy me a drink
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Following this topic, would be ideal (as the topic starter saud) to have this as the HSI with also the two encoders working for crs & hdg.

Offline warbirdguy1

• Col.
  • I know only enough to break something...
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Florida Combat Simulations
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
Is this compatible with Falcon BMS 4.33?  I have access to three of these and it would make a world of difference!

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 05:33:07 PM »
When I get a chance I'll try it. No reason it wouldn't though, with all the software guys we havve here I'm sure someone can make it work.
I think these are way cool

Offline warbirdguy1

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:15:37 PM »
Excellent, thanks.  I wont have access to my friends for a couple weeks.

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 03:44:25 PM »
You can see above that this works, It was 2013 but I remember I was flying the dev version of 4.33 so I know it works. I cant even find my unit anymore, sorry. If I do, I'll hook it up nd try it but I am confident that it's do-able. The RWR and MFD's look really good, the ADI looks spot on. The first one must be ILS, it looks like the command bars but I dont know what the other symbols mean...anybody know? Landing gear lights? Manual Trim? As for the encoders, there must be a way to get them working.

Offline warbirdguy1

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »
From their websute

"You'll need Lightning's MFD Extractor properly configured to get shared textures from BMS4. Here's how to set that up:

Install MFD Extractor. I recommend letting it launch automatically during Windows startup.
Right-click each of the on-screen MFDs and click "Hide".
Right-click the MFD Extractor tray icon and pick "Options..." to bring up the options window.
Select the "Performance" tab at the top.
Click the "Falcon BMS Advanced Options..." button.
Check the "Enable exporting of 3D cockpit instrument images to shared memory" checkbox."

I use YAME 64.  I do not see Lightnings MFD Extractor anywhere.

http://www.raptor007.com/falcon-4-to-saitek/

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
Wow...I'd think you could re-package one of these into a real nice ATD!
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal