Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
Falcon BMS / Re: Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER
« Last post by henkie on April 17, 2024, 04:36:21 PM »
Ahhh, now I see  :DOH:

There are two roller switches!

That's a new puzzle for me too   :reading:
« Last post by Tulkas on April 17, 2024, 01:58:56 PM »
Thanks, that is what I thought and makes more.

However there is one more switch/actuator that Blaze identifies in the picture above as the one inflating the seal, that's the one I wonder if I have any need to install for the future 🤔

I still don't get it, if in the real plane you use the toggle switch to lower or raise the canopy, why would we want in our cockpits the roller switch to do that job?
The toggle switch is to raise/lower the canopy, I believe the roller switch then locks/seals the cockpit.  Both the toggle switch and the roller switch (via the spider) is implemented in BMS.
« Last post by Red Dog on April 17, 2024, 01:25:23 PM »
I explained very much of the process in my WIp from pahe 112 to 115
https://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=537.msg177914#msg177914
« Last post by Atlas on April 17, 2024, 11:31:04 AM »
I still don't get it, if in the real plane you use the toggle switch to lower or raise the canopy, why would we want in our cockpits the roller switch to do that job?
The toggle switch is to raise/lower the canopy, I believe the roller switch then locks/seals the cockpit.  Both the toggle switch and the roller switch (via the spider) is implemented in BMS.
DCS / Re: DCStoF4 (Standalone version)
« Last post by Jakkuh-15 on April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM »
Well, do remember one thing, if your lights work with BMS without DCSbios, then these lights should work on their own with DCStoF4 without DCSbios with DCS

The same was true for my simshaker issue:

- Simshaker has 2 versions depending if you use DCS or BMS
I was using the DCS version that required a declaration in the DCS scrip file which as I said above, does not work
But basically, The simshaker BMS version works with DCS as well through DCStoF4 and that one does not required the script.
So you basically can avoid the declaration in the script file and have the simshaker work through BMS shared mem, like the rest of things

The trick is to have as few as possible declarations in that scrip file of BMS to avoid potential conflicts, pass everything through BMS sharedmem with DCStoF4 and it works much better.

So basically, setup everything (Arduino driving LED's, Simshaker, etc) for BMS Shared mem, then use DCStoF4 to convert it all back to DCS. Rather than having specific software (simshaker, DCS-BIOS, etc) for DCS, and specific for BMS, to avoid DCS' flaky declarations? Makes sense, things should be much simpler with DCStoF4.

Can you use arduinos other than a mega with F4TS? I understand you couldn't run several OLED's (DED/PFL/FFI) using an uno because of memory constraints, but for simple LED could I get away with Uno's? The documentation seems to say only Mega's can be used (be nice if I could use wired ESP32's as well, but thats another thing entirely)  8)
« Last post by Cupra on April 17, 2024, 08:59:19 AM »
I did not have acces to a real roller switch, but did not care. I just used a normal dip s switch for the roller replacement, and a 2nd 2 pole swtich for up / down.

I used a switch with 2 circles because so I have 1 circle for use in the sim and also, if available later to control a real motor to drive the canopy... :yeah:
« Last post by Tulkas on April 17, 2024, 08:46:01 AM »
In the new release of BMS, that roller switch is supported. It indicates that the canopy is closed.
The switch you mention is not used in BMS. However, you can use it as the roller switch  :D

If you have the roller switch and use it as the "canopy closed" signal, you could use the other switch for actually open/close a canopy if you have a canopy installed on your pit. In that case, the switch actuates the motor to open/close the canopy (frame).

« Last post by henkie on April 17, 2024, 08:38:49 AM »
In the new release of BMS, that roller switch is supported. It indicates that the canopy is closed.
The switch you mention is not used in BMS. However, you can use it as the roller switch  :D

If you have the roller switch and use it as the "canopy closed" signal, you could use the other switch for actually open/close a canopy if you have a canopy installed on your pit. In that case, the switch actuates the motor to open/close the canopy (frame).
« Last post by Tulkas on April 17, 2024, 05:42:33 AM »
The "roller switch" is atually used in BMS. It is the detection that the canopy is closed.
The other switch that you can manually toggle, and is pushed back when the spider is "closed" is only needed if you want to implement a "real" moving canopy  :whistle:

That that you said really confused me. I'm still running my cockpit with BMS 4.34 and I use the "other switch that you can manually toggle". Is momentary down, so if you release the canopy stops and doesn't keep on closing, as safety measure, and locks in the up (opening canopy) position. It works as such in BMS, I don't understand what you said about  " is only needed if you want to implement a "real" moving canopy"
« Last post by henkie on April 17, 2024, 04:52:52 AM »
Of course, if some functionality can be realized by just some hardware, the Arduino + software would be "overkill".
It is good to think things through and keep it as simple as possible.

But take your example: (interior) LIGHTING. When you read the F-16 documentation, you see that even this panel "hides" some functionality which cannot be simply done in hardware. I designed a hardware "controller" for the LIGHTING panel (years ago), and even though it included some of the described functionality, it did not include everything ... It is also a matter of how far you want to go with the 100% correct simulation  :whistle:   ;D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal