There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: Greetings From Israel  (Read 3004 times)

Offline uri_ba

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills
    • My Pit blog
    • Awards
Greetings From Israel
« on: September 09, 2014, 07:17:28 AM »
Starting out with my build,
I'll do a proper progress report when I won't feel embarrassed by my progress..

I'm using ViperWing Frame (already delivered) and AVR based home build electronics to save costs.
I've started with Arduino Based DED (and some other displays) - all still on the breadboard prototyping/development stage.

Also started a little blog, but I'm only starting to post now - a few months after I've started the project (so it's a complete mess)
http://pits.108vfs.org

hope I'll be able to write some usfull stuff here too, so far I'm lightyears behind you guys.

cheers,
Uri

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Greetings From Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
Welcome to Viperpits uri_bar!

I found your DED videos on Youtube a few days ago.  Very impressive work.  I searched for more info, without luck... until now!

I look forward to your future posts and contributions.

Bluedeath

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
Welcome to this asylum. 

Offline kobi

• Fly by wire
  • Col.
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 10:26:17 AM »
Welcome  :beer2: very good job..

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:08 AM »
Welcome..  Don't worry about your progress. We all had to start at a beginning. It sounds like you have valuable skills that could help a lot with our projects so don't be afraid to share.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:31:04 PM by sagrzmnky »
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:29 PM »
Hello and welcome!

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 06:11:23 AM »
Uri,
You are working on the most difficult stuff in my opinion.
I really loved looking at your blog.
it is inspiring to me.
Thank you for sharing that.
Hope to see some pictures here soon.
Welcome to Viperpits forum.
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
Welcome to the 'other' madhouse Uri :)
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

Offline uri_ba

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills
    • My Pit blog
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 03:57:28 PM »
Thank you all for the Warm welcome! :)

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 05:10:37 PM »
Hello, welcome!. You open the sky to me  :clap: :notes:
I've found a u8glib library compatible 1.3" white OLED for 8 bucks  :cheerleader: I've already ordered one...

http://www.ebay.es/itm/White1-3-SPI-Serial-128X64-OLED-LCD-LED-Display-Module-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-/321486193386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ada1202ea&_uhb=1

Offline uri_ba

• Brig.General
    • My Pit blog
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »
Hello, welcome!. You open the sky to me  :clap: :notes:
I've found a u8glib library compatible 1.3" white OLED for 8 bucks  :cheerleader: I've already ordered one...

http://www.ebay.es/itm/White1-3-SPI-Serial-128X64-OLED-LCD-LED-Display-Module-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-/321486193386?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ada1202ea&_uhb=1

Good Luck!
FYI, by the looks of it, this screen is I2C and not SPI (for choosing u8glib constructor). in addition, make sure this screen is 5V safe before connecting it to an Arduino.
Arduino logic is 5V and it will fry a 3.3V logic chip (SSD1306 for example).
the Adafruit screen I use has that step-down built it, you might need to use a voltage regulation and a bi-directional logic convertor (I2C is always Bi-directional)

JJ

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
Welcome Uri...on this forum you can find many solutions for the DED, according to my opinion there is only one perfect solution and that's the one from Martin. But...new development is always welcome here :)

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 04:05:58 AM »
Hi,
I studied a little this OLED display and I found this video that leads to one I already saw:

http://youtu.be/5DByDu5hDHU

There you can see that it is 5V compatible and it works well on I2C and u8glib. I had plan to use I2C but I'm not sure it if will be compatible with your code (newbie on that here).

Offline uri_ba

• Brig.General
    • My Pit blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 04:17:37 AM »
Hi,
I studied a little this OLED display and I found this video that leads to one I already saw:

http://youtu.be/5DByDu5hDHU

There you can see that it is 5V compatible and it works well on I2C and u8glib. I had plan to use I2C but I'm not sure it if will be compatible with your code (newbie on that here).

The snippet I gave should work as it's using u8glib commands, and not SPI stuff.
But note that I only gave snippets in the blog, not a full code as I still change things in the architecture (I'm still learning he thing)

Offline MrWell

• General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 08:22:54 AM »
Ok, thx. Until the OLED gets home I have time to study  :notes:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal