• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: An official hello from central Cal!  (Read 2609 times)

Animal451

An official hello from central Cal!
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
I've been lurking around this site for a little while and just wanted to make an official introduction. First off, great site and yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts for wanting to build my own pit. I bought Falcon 4 the day it was released even though I had to drive over an hour to Sacramento to get it. I was one of the founding members of the Delta Hawks and flew latter competitions in F3 on Compuserve (that was a while ago)! I've been away from Falcon for a while thinking that it didn't run in Windows 7 with my nVidia cards but I was wrong (Thanks BMS team for your hard work). Lookin at now buyin Killn's stencils to get started and hopefully making more friends here.

Any way, hello all!

JJ

Re: An official hello from central Cal!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:17:18 PM »
Welcome Animal. Post pics of your progress , we all love it :)

tango44

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
 :vprules: Welcome.

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
 :juggs:

Offline Venom

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:02:49 PM »
Welcome aboard, from SoCal   :beer:

Animal451

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
As soon as I have something to post I will!

Welcome Animal. Post pics of your progress , we all love it :)

Animal451

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Oh; more useful information: My interested started when I worked for Link Flight Simulation in Binghamton, NY building and installing F-16 sims (Block 15 to 25) in the mid 80's. The first PC was bought just to fly Falcon 3.0 . . .
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:11:42 PM by Animal451 »

Offline Dunk

• Dunk
  • -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • AVIATION SIMULATION GROUP
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 02:32:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

BTW All of our wives think that we are Crazy.    :whistle: :biggrin:
I love the F-16 Fighting Falcon, the Ferrari F1 of fighter jets.

I love the Viper - a perfect melding of man and machine. 
~Dan Hampton~

http://aviationsimulationgroup.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Offline Sandman

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community King for a Day Award: Awarded for an exemplar contribution to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

BTW All of our wives think that we are Crazy.    :whistle: :biggrin:

Hey Animal-

Welcome to our world-  (BTW, it isn't just wives & girlfriends that think we are a little crazy-  the whole world KNOWS that we are a little "CRAZY"!)
Newbies are always welcome here.  We all started off just browsing, then decided to jump right in.  We are here to support you with your F-16 addiction.

Mark (aka "Sandman")
Seattle, WA

PS- I got your PM about some of your early posts to the EBAY HEADS UP being marked as "SPAM"- I couldn't see any particular reason
The postings included the URL links to the EBAY auctions.  Sometimes, when member posts include an outside link, the posting is flagged as potential SPAM
This is particularly likely to happen if you are relatively new to the forum (ie, haven't been on the forum very long).  I have "cleared" these from our SPAM list

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
Welcome Animal, inhere you will find the finest gentlemen on the earth, they will help you anyway they can, so hang in and make your own pit progress thread, you will love that and so will we.

Kukki

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »
Welcome - and another shout-out from SoCal - I'm a newbie here myself, but I've been crazy for a *long* time and known it even if I don't have anyone to tell me so.  I started building model aircraft at the age of four, flying at the age of 23, and jumping out of airplanes around the age of 37.  My sim project will be the biggest model I've ever built!  I've started collecting parts...

This is a great place to start - tons and tons of information and resources here.  Have fun with it!

- Rufus
- Rufus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal