• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

I am a newbie who took off from Japan sir by Atlas
[May 16, 2024, 12:43:47 PM]

Mag switches with DCS by questerymj
[May 11, 2024, 08:11:05 AM]

USAeroSim DCS F16c CDU Software by snakedoc
[May 10, 2024, 09:10:22 AM]

Author Topic: Logging on to site  (Read 1900 times)

Offline avn-tech

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Aviation, Military & Police Movie Props
    • Awards
Logging on to site
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:51:42 PM »
Group,

Every time I vist Viperpits.org, I have to log back in and it does not recogize the last post feature. Last week the system would remember me, and list post since last visit.

Any sugestions?

Thanks
Avn-Tech

Papa

Re: Logging on to site
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
Do you have "cookies" enabled?

Sherlock

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »
Did you do any microsoft critical updates between then and now? If so, check your security settings tab (in your browser) in internet options to see what security level is set to for the internet zone. Lower allows more cookie "freedom" but also makes your browsing sessions less secure.  I'm assuming you are using Internet Exploder (Explorer) for your browser.

Offline avn-tech

• Maj. General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:32:18 AM »
Papa & Sherlock,

I have cookies on, and med/high for security setting.
This is the only site that I always have to relog onto.
Several other sites that I visit daliy, recognize me without problems.

thanks
Avn-tech

Papa

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:15:31 AM »
Try deleting your viperpit cookie.  Perhaps it's been corrupted somehow.  It will rebuild itself the next time you enter the site.  I would make sure your browser is closed at the time.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 06:08:45 AM »
The site does not appear "normal" here too. I cleared the entire history, but still not OK.
The first time I log on, I get the "HOME" tab. Now, I am not sure, but I seem to remember I always came in on the FORUM tab.
When I click on the FORUM tab, I get "An error occurred", and something like I am not allowed to see that page or the page is missing" ...?

I wanted to post a question about the buttons on the TWP: are those 6 switches momentary push buttons or locking ones, that is press once and they stay pressed, press one more time and they go back to the oher position?
- Henk

Offline avn-tech

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 11:09:41 AM »
Papa & henkie,

Last night, I loged on and was still listed as a guest. Normally I would then log in, and proceed to search the site. But instead, I went to the Forms, and the site recognized me. So this morning, I reset my favorites link to the form page. I also loged out of everything and deleted all of my cookies/history.

This seems to have solved my problem. Thank you for the help.

Laterrrrrr
Avn-Tech

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 02:36:30 AM »
Nope, for me the site is still not OK.  :(
I checked on the PC at work (ahemmmm... for checking only of course) but on that PC it is wrong as well.
Let me describe what I get:
1. I go to the ViperPit website, I get the "normal" screen, the recent posted topics shown at the left side.
2. I log on (correctly of course).
3. I am in on the tab FORUM but get the message

An Error Has Occurred!
    The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Huh ????   :-\
4. I click to the HOME tab. Everything from the "main" window is displayed in the opened window,
   that is, the recent posted topics column at the left is not shown.
   The column normally displayed at the right side is also missing

I have the feeling that the problems started after I received the upgrade "VP Donor", but I am not sure about that ...  ::)
Hope this info helps to get the problem solved ...

Greetz,
- Henk.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
Hi, I just can't get this solved.
I have no access to the FORUM tab, but when logged off all seems fine. The first time after logging and I go to the FORUM tab, I get what's in the picture. Then I go to the HOME tab, which is displayed, but as said without the columns at the left and right side. When I click again on the FORUM tab, I see a few categories.
H E L P  ! ! !

f16simman

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »
what brouser are you using?   if you are using IE what version 6, 7 or 8. are u  using firefox. if so use IE..  we need to step back and take a breath.  lets start with these questions first... then move into settings...

Offline trashman

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • http://www.linknot.net/PC_Related/FlightSim/flight_simulations.htm
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 06:25:58 AM »
Hi Henkie -

Sorry to hear of your problems - maybe ask Mike if it is ok (as a test) to create another member name?  *what if...* during the host server moving a week or two ago ("missing posts" thread http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6499.0) that somehow your profile got corrupted and / or you happened to be on-line precisely when the "rollback" occurred? (thereby dirsupting the space-time continuum and casting your member profile into the 27 1/9th dimension... :grumbl:)

The first "missing post" was noted on Dec 11 - you posted here Dec 19 - how long had you been having log in problems prior to posting - or do you recall being being online sometime @ Dec 10-11?  I see you started your thread "henkie's pit" on Dec 14 - so it was OK at that time...hmmm

There are coincidences - and then there are coincidences....that gets my vote since you can't even log on from different PCs - so I don't see how that could be a cookie or browser issue if the symptom is always the same...And as you mention - the site appears normal UNTIL you log in, correct?

Hope that helps & Happy Holidays!

Dan

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »
I fixed it, the permissions were not set right. Wish you had emailed me, I could have fixed it right away for you.

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Hi Ka-Bar,
all is looking as is was. Great, thanks :yihaw:
I will try to email directly to you next time (...), but as far as I remember, my options were very limited. I could not send email to a person.

Merry Xmas and happy flying everybody!
- Henk.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal