Author Topic: Raptor  (Read 2738 times)

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
Raptor
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
So, after more than a year here in the forum reading and analyzing everything, i thought it is time to introduce myself..  :)

Living in Athens, Greece, 30 years old now, married 2 months ago (NOT good for a pit-builder..  :bat:).. but anyway, she know it from the beggining!!  :D  I wanted to be a pilot since 5.. 6.. somewhere there. I passed the  :study: exams but at the end failed because a airforce doctor believed that it "should be better not to flight fighters" due to history of ulcer i had some years before..  :rambling: "Every difficulty for a good" as we say in Greece, no fighters no planes..

I am now an IT admin somewhere  :puterrage: (can tell  8) ) so meaning pc-freak. Passed though various hobbies, modelling, aero-models, scuba diving, electric guitars (yeahh.. MetallicA rulesss baby!!  :thumbsup: ) and of course.. simulators!! I didn't manage to make my dream true, but i consider my self lucky. I have many good friends inside HAF, and i can at least beyond other things "write down" some hours in real FS  :vp: .. (BTW, for one more time.. F-16 pit is MATCCHHH more pilot-friendly than the Mirage 2000, even -5's!!  :wacko: )

Flying simulators since F-19 game, Falcon4 was a point-in-time.. I still remember reading at Frugals sometime about the up-coming HOTAS Cougar back then..  :goodthoughts: I remember one  :sunshine: day getting in a computer games store and seeing that big-beautiful-known-package waiting there.. The store was the only one selling the Cougar in Greece back then. After some minutes in the first-available bank i've maid it mine for 400 plus euros.. (now i can find it 200!! well time changed!..)

I am member of e-HAF (Greek Falcon community), and i/we now use OF4.5 for our flights.. (RV is good for eyes, but until there..  :-P) We have our theater flying but we are waiting for the even better EMF to arrive.. (I hope to be out before FOps..  :nasty: )

Bellow my old room.. Old meaning in the old house before my marriage. Ohh yes, and my (now) wife lived there with me, so see knows the future!  :harhar: (haven't "modified" the new house yet because..  :kickedout: )

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/raptor_one/PitProject/pit1.jpg
Raptor

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/raptor_one/PitProject/pit2.jpg
Raptor

And this is the picture that started it aaaalllllll...:::  :bhearted:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m118/raptor_one/PitProject/F-16_phase_005.jpg
Raptor

I pass *most* of my day thinking what should i use in the pit, electronics, materials etc.. I go shopping with my wife to markets (just) to see ( :butt: ) what i could find to use with my pit!! (Actually Charos told me the same thing sometime, so m8, you are a pit-builder also!!  :harhar:)

Well, Nikolas is a great guy  :beer: .. Serfing in here, i noticed that he was a Greek!! I sent him a PM and soon after we met for coffee among with some others -you know, this crazy bastards how spend money for this hobby..  :wacko: I have to say the best words for him, not because i am waiting for a pait of his MFD's  :peace: , but because he really answered me many questions regarding solutions.. Well at the end he is a electronic-freak!!  :hugegrin:

So, soon i will start posting my progress.. No pit yet (toooo soon..  :kickedout: ), but i collect all the required parts, switches and electronics for the (near i hope) future.

Thank you all guys around the world for having and sharing this hobby with me and others, nothing would be possible by one person!!

This is for you!  :bigbeer:

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Raptor
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 12:05:55 PM »
Although we already know each other for some time now... welcome, Raptor !!
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »
Well, about time...

I pass *most* of my day thinking what should i use in the pit, electronics, materials etc.. I go shopping with my wife to markets (just) to see ( :butt: ) what i could find to use with my pit!! (Actually Charos told me the same thing sometime, so m8, you are a pit-builder also!!  :harhar:)
Really?! I'm a pit-builder too?  :wacko:
Well at the end he is a electronic-freak!!  :hugegrin:
He-he, and to think that electronics are my weak side...
So, soon i will start posting my progress.. No pit yet (toooo soon..  :kickedout: ), but i collect all the required parts, switches and electronics for the (near i hope) future.
Pics. Now! (how do you say kavatzo$%^&@ in English? )  :harhar:

Nikolas

Offline Ka-Bar03

• - Mike -
  • Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 01:13:59 PM »
Good to see a thread Raptor and nice introduction, welcome...albeit you have been around here for some time. What picture is that above, of the Pit?

Offline raptor

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • 16th Ark Angels
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 01:49:15 PM »
What picture is that above, of the Pit?

It is a creation of a 3D modeller through Maya 3D-program (if i remember correctly). A friend of mine found the pic and send it to me.. I have no other clues about it as it was a WIP that stopped.

Offline Nikolas_A

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »
It looks like Jagstang's project

Nikolas

Jarrod66

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
Welcome to the Jungle buddy..... :guitar: :guitar:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal