There aren't any users online.

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Nigel
[Today at 02:39:55 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Hello from dusty El Paso TX!!!  (Read 1906 times)

wanzzilla

Hello from dusty El Paso TX!!!
« on: July 28, 2017, 06:47:52 PM »
well i must say that i have been lurking here for a long time gathering as much information as possible, since my wood and metal fabrications are in the negative zone I decided to talk to Symulate and purchase the first portions of his plans for my first pit build ever! Been playing falcon on and off since 4.0 was first released, now I feel i am ready to swim with the big boys! So my first step is done and that is choosing the tub, my question of many to come later is, what should be next after the tub is built? start with panels and then add switches or figure out it is all going to connect together?
 Thank for any and all knowledge passed down to a noob
Wanzzilla

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Hello from dusty El Paso TX!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »
Welcome, Wanzzilla... :digger: ...what comes next, you ask... :DOH: ...madness, sheer madness... :outthewindow: !

Well, mostly...mostly it's about collecting parts and doing what you can, where you can, with what you have.  And being ready at all times to grab things you even just think you need as you find them.

You've certainly found the right place to find all the answers to any questions... :vprules: ...ask away!
- Rufus

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 12:49:06 AM »
Welcome aboard! You chose the tub plans, have you decided on the ACES build yet? If not, Brenda's plans are a great way to do it, and there are alternatives -albeit with less detail. I suppose you already have your stick n' rudder set.
We're all looking forward to pictures!  :thumbsup:

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:48 AM »
Yes, you can build the tub, but you are going to need a place to sit. I agree with @salaxi54. Brenda's plans are the best, close to accurate, and free. While you are building all of this you should also start collecting switches and panels. Linking the system together is worthless if you don't have any switches. There are reasonably priced way to get started on the basic system. Pokeys is a favorite used by many in the sim world.  We have all used different ways. Personally, I use AIC for lights, mag switches, and speed brake. I use Pokeys and Xkeys for the switches. AIC is a little higher priced when you have everything, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend Arend's stuff. His boards just always seem to work flawlessly. I also recommend Pegasus' hardware. They are built very solid.
 Good luck, and it's always nice to see another Texan in the room. :thumbsup:
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »
Welcome  :beer:

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

Offline Kukki

• General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »
Welcome my US friend  :thumbsup:
There is a lot to read up on inhere, but you might already know that  :thumbsup:

Feel free to ask if there is anything you need help with.

Kukki

Offline Blaze

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »
Welcome bro,

Always nice to see a fellow Texan jump into the circus!

Blaze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal