Lightning101's F16 pit v2.0 by sagrzmnky
[May 11, 2018, 11:12:55 AM]

Ulti 's cockpit project by Catcher
[May 11, 2018, 12:32:39 AM]

TQS GUIDE RAIL IN FULL METAL by Myoda
[May 07, 2018, 06:58:32 AM]

Azul's Pit by henkie
[May 07, 2018, 06:02:40 AM]

Author Topic: Salaxi54's pit progress  (Read 240883 times)

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
Re: Salaxi54's pit progress
« Reply #570 on: December 16, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »
Here's the result of the first casting attempt on the indexers stand. It is not perfect, and i luckilly know why. The shop where i got my supplies from, didn't have in stock the (black) pigment i needed, and offered another type which is not made for polyurethane resin, but instead for liquid glass! I decided to try it, and once the mixture was poured into the mould, i could clearly see the reaction. There was bubbling, and resin expanded way more than normally, out of the mould. Anyway, after lots of sanding and filing, i sort of 'saved' the part:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:04:52 AM by salaxi54 »

Offline Morgan

• Col.
  • Pitbuilder
    • Awards
« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2017, 09:37:45 AM »
Very nice Basili  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Predator

• Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #572 on: December 17, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
I totally agree!! :hail:

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #573 on: February 08, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »
It's been a long time, but as always RL is in the way.. Anyway, i finally received some screw 'cages' as i call them, and fitted them to the indexer stand. Here's the result:

That's a 4mm inner diameter, and you can see the bronze part next to the stand:

Next i need to build and mold its' couple, so i can have the pair ready.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:05:14 AM by salaxi54 »

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #574 on: February 26, 2018, 05:00:09 AM »
Not much on the construction front, but after months of boring efforts, i THINK i managed to redirect all my pics in this thread to postimg. If anyone spots a missing image, please let me know and i'll do my best to correct it. Sooner or later i'll fix my ICP thread too. Thanks for looking!  ;)

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2018, 04:39:48 AM »
This thread is one of the treasures of our forum.  Thanks for taking the effort to redirect all of your great pics!

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #576 on: February 27, 2018, 06:51:57 AM »
That must have been a lot of work !

:study:    :thumbsup:    :clap:

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #577 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
Haven't had the 'luxury' to work on the pit lately, always due to real life playing its tricks on me. But i thought i'd just show my new pride, from JShepherd's awesome products!
For the time being it's the main board, the Caution Panel, and the CMDS. Looking forward to obtaining the rest of the stuff.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:05:39 AM by salaxi54 »

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: March 28, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
Looking good @salaxi54
Nobody's pit is built in a day  :D
Sometimes you have a big chunk of a day to spend on the pit and sometimes time flies and days/weeks go by without a minute working on the pit. But ... in your head you can think about constructions and work out ideas even when you are sitting on the lu  :harhar:

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: March 28, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
@henkie : Thanks my friend! Yes, time spent on studying progress, is time well spent methinks. You of all people here know by the way, that many hobbies make each project progress slow.. My Amstrad laptop project is near finished! ;-)

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: March 29, 2018, 06:04:27 AM »
Ahhh, that's been a while. Have to refresh my memory to recall what you where doing  :)

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »
Scratching my head (again) on the FFI display based on the Deduino. My OLED is a .96" ebay display, SPI based on the SSD1306 chip. It carries 7 pins at the back, named:
1.GND
2.VDD
3.SCK
4.SDA
5.RES
6.DC
7.CS

If i don't connect GND i get nothing. VDD is on 3.3v (tested on 5v too and powers ok).
SCK is actually CLK, SDA is Data (MOSI), RES is obviously Reset, CS is Cable Select, DC is DISP_A0.
When i power it, i get the 9999 screen. That's before i enter BMS. Deduino is 1.2, and BMS is 4.33 U1. No difference if i run the 32 or 64-bit version. Windows is 8.1 64

After starting BMS, the instrument 'resets' to 0000, and once being inside the cockpit, the display shows something between 800 and 900.

And that's where it stays 'frozen'. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks in advance!

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
What I do ...
If there are outputs available (not used outputs), I connect an LED (with a buffer if needed) or the oscilloscope to the output put. You can use more outputs, if available.

Have a look at the program code and put output activation and de-activation at "critical" or specific locations to see whether the code gets executed as expected.

If the output changes too fast for an LED you can insert delays (to be removed later, of course).
Keep in mind that when the on/off by the test code is fast, you might be tricked to believe that the LED is never switched off.

Offline salaxi54

• General
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: April 23, 2018, 07:11:44 AM »
@henkie : Thanks for the tips Henk, i only managed to erase the Arduino's contents yesterday, and will be experimenting with code asap. Flashing the DUE was what i was afraid of doing..
On a different front, i managed to carve the right-hand indexer stand prototype out of wood (of course). Next step is to make its' mold.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: April 23, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
Do you have any 3D or 2D drawings of those Indexer mounts that you would care to share with us?
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!