Morgan's acesii & pit by atsalis_p
[May 12, 2018, 04:14:08 AM]

John's F16 pit progress by sagrzmnky
[May 11, 2018, 06:51:16 PM]

Lightning101's F16 pit v2.0 by sagrzmnky
[May 11, 2018, 11:12:55 AM]

Ulti 's cockpit project by Catcher
[May 11, 2018, 12:32:39 AM]

Author Topic: Grease Monkey's Pit  (Read 358522 times)

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
Re: Grease Monkey's Pit
« Reply #810 on: February 04, 2018, 04:24:20 PM »
My center pedestal is 100% real. The side consoles are from Pegasus, but have been rebuilt by @String to be much stronger. My seat is a mock up from Clark's Precision out of Fort Worth. I have the arm and ejection handle wired up to operate. The seat is made of fiberglass with a square tube frame. My stick is Ribbstick/Warthog. My TQS will soon be from Pegasus.
 The Trainer has some of the internal wiring, but it is missing the panel that mounts on the lower left rear.
 I would be very interested in finding out everyone that is in the Fam. Trainer club, since I am the newest member.... ;D
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-keys, Mike's panels, Ribbstick

Offline Blaze

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #811 on: February 05, 2018, 07:58:04 AM »
Way to go brother Phillip!   :yihaw:

Glad to see this unit go to a good home.  I’m also glad you are a “metal head” now.  :harhar:

I got to see and handle the consoles you just got with this deal a few months back....solid indeed.

Congrats,

Blaze

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #812 on: February 06, 2018, 01:06:47 AM »
Way to go brother Phillip!   :yihaw:

Glad to see this unit go to a good home.  I’m also glad you are a “metal head” now.  :harhar:

I got to see and handle the consoles you just got with this deal a few months back....solid indeed.

Congrats,

Blaze

Thank you Blaze. I am hoping to have it ready to go for The Flight Sim Convention in June. It is not going to have a brand new paint job, but it will be the original paint.

My build thread

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #813 on: March 26, 2018, 02:58:42 AM »
Update... with some help from @Nigel, @String, and some other friends, I was able to get the throttle and throttle gate as close to the correct position as I could. The panels are just sitting in place and posing for the picture. I am working on the flight stick now. As soon as it is in position, then I will start getting all of my hardware transferred over. I have a lot of improvement ideas and a lot of friends for advice. Thanks guys. I can't wait to fly it again.....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:06:05 AM by sagrzmnky »

My build thread

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards : Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #814 on: March 26, 2018, 03:34:36 AM »
That looks very nice Sagr.  :thumbsup:

Offline Kukki

• Administrator
  • General
  • Kurt "Kukki" Andersen
  • VP Awards : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Kukki?s F-16 website
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #815 on: March 26, 2018, 03:54:10 AM »
Very very nice work, and that pit is AWESOME man, congrats with that.
Its such a bette feeling to work on and make things right, neat and clean.

Keep up the good work Phillip  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer:
Kukki - (Skype: kukki_22)

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #816 on: March 26, 2018, 09:10:57 AM »
Very very nice work, and that pit is AWESOME man, congrats with that.
Its such a bette feeling to work on and make things right, neat and clean.

Keep up the good work Phillip  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer:

Thank you @Kukki:beer:

I can't wait to get the ejection seat in.

My build thread

Offline Azul

• IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER.
  • Col.
  • VP Awards : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • 7th Air Force Command
    • Awards
« Reply #817 on: March 26, 2018, 10:31:36 AM »
Looks fantastic...

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #818 on: March 26, 2018, 11:35:22 AM »
Congratulations!  Getting those items installed and aligned is a real Butt Kicking.  I know because I too just finished getting mine installed.  Took up pretty much all weekend and several restarts to get it to not only track but to also get the Friction Wheel to clear parts of the console and turn properly.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #819 on: March 26, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »
Congratulations!  Getting those items installed and aligned is a real Butt Kicking.  I know because I too just finished getting mine installed.  Took up pretty much all weekend and several restarts to get it to not only track but to also get the Friction Wheel to clear parts of the console and turn properly.

I know exactly what you mean. I had at least four pairs of vise grips holding everything while lining it all up.  :grumbl:

My build thread

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #820 on: March 26, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
Looks fantastic...

Thank you @Azul. My goal is to have it all ready to go by June for the Flight Sim Convention in Dallas Texas. The paint is going to have plenty of scratches and chips, but it will be original and the sim will be operational.

My build thread

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts : Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum : Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement : Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service : Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Awards
« Reply #821 on: March 26, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
Thanks for posting @sagrzmnky
Just two weeks ago, I did my first "dry fit" of the throttle arm ... and put it away, because although I have Martin's side console and his throttle, I have the idea that it does not line up.
Of course, I am goofing up  :D  But I will see Martin in June and have a discussion with him, Works better than emails  :whistle:

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards : 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts : Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts : Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community : Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service : Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
« Reply #822 on: March 26, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »
My goal is to have it all ready to go by June for the Flight Sim Convention in Dallas Texas. The paint is going to have plenty of scratches and chips, but it will be original and the sim will be operational.
I have the same goal.  Trying to get ready for FlightSimCon.  So many things in the old pit will need a different mounting and wiring arrangement.  All of that adds to the work to get ready.  Hope to have it operational but sometimes Murphy has other ideas. 

Looking forward to seeing you there Phil.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Noluck18

• Major
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #823 on: March 26, 2018, 07:06:13 PM »
About my third day here after being added. I cannot say more than awesome jobs by all the VP members here. I wish I had joined years ago.

Very nice build there. Wish you the best of luck with the build, you have a great start!

Chip

---

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #824 on: March 27, 2018, 01:11:10 AM »
Thanks for posting @sagrzmnky
Just two weeks ago, I did my first "dry fit" of the throttle arm ... and put it away, because although I have Martin's side console and his throttle, I have the idea that it does not line up.
Of course, I am goofing up  :D  But I will see Martin in June and have a discussion with him, Works better than emails  :whistle:
I had to use the side console above the throttle gate to line it up. Then I used a couple pair of vise grips to hold the throttle mount in place and adjusted it to the gate. Then I put the console in and added the side panel in the rear to get the console in the right position. It takes a lot of time, but with the vise grips you can do a lot of adjusting.

My build thread