Simulation Software > Falcon BMS

what problems with windows 11?

(1/2) > >>

rocco:
Hi guys, with the new PC MS often sends me the request to update to win11......I use BMS, pokeys software, f4ts, Yame64, deduino (DED, PFD&FFI) and BMSAIT. All software is configured and working......Would I have any problems switching to Win11? I'm a little scared to upgrade. What do you recommend?

Snoopy:
Last december I built a new pc to replace my flightsim pc and bit the bullet. I installed Windows 11 on it. I have to say that all the software I use (BMS, DCS, F4toS, Yame64) works without a problem in Win 11. Basically, if it works on win1o it will work on win 11. That was quite a relief.

One thing though is that many options/settings in Windows are located on a different place. So that can sometimes drive you wild. Something like how to place the taskbar just the way I want it when the pc has 6 screens connected? It would be great if not all updates would come with a new user interface.

rocco:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on February 02, 2024, 05:44:21 AM ---Last december I built a new pc to replace my flightsim pc and bit the bullet. I installed Windows 11 on it. I have to say that all the software I use (BMS, DCS, F4toS, Yame64) works without a problem in Win 11. Basically, if it works on win1o it will work on win 11. That was quite a relief.

One thing though is that many options/settings in Windows are located on a different place. So that can sometimes drive you wild. Something like how to place the taskbar just the way I want it when the pc has 6 screens connected? It would be great if not all updates would come with a new user interface.

--- End quote ---

well, great news. In the worst case scenario, is it possible to go back to win10 as it was before?

Snoopy:
If you upgrade from win10 it should be possible. Not sure if everything including all settings etc would be restored as I have never done that myself. Your best option would be to clone an image of the disk to another media, so you can restore the entire image.

rocco:

--- Quote from: Snoopy on February 02, 2024, 10:05:01 AM ---If you upgrade from win10 it should be possible. Not sure if everything including all settings etc would be restored as I have never done that myself. Your best option would be to clone an image of the disk to another media, so you can restore the entire image.

--- End quote ---

yes, perhaps it is better to make a clone of the disk. I have an HD where I can do it..... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version