* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 52
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Sandman
[May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 PM]

Author Topic: CautionPanel values  (Read 1040 times)

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • https://f16simulator.net
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
CautionPanel values
« on: September 09, 2023, 03:58:06 AM »
Ok, I'm a bit stunned now.
There are 32 lights on the CP but in shared mem are not all of them, especially the "--------".

How do you light up the whole CP when the TEST button is pressed?
Using the "AllLampBitsOn" off the seperate LightBits enums?
Or the hardware input of the TEST switch?

thx
michi

Michi "MiHi" Hirczy
https://f16simulator.net

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
Re: CautionPanel values
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 04:01:27 PM »
This was my dilemma going way back and I decided to try and run everything through BMS so the screen graphics would match the real panels even though I run BMS with no cockpit showing. It makes it easy to test if your hardware is talking to BMS by just turning on the cockpit and checking. I would use the "AllLampBitsOn" as long as your interface will support it. What platform are you using?

Offline mihi4

• General
  • VP Awards 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2023, 03:11:58 AM »
This was my dilemma going way back and I decided to try and run everything through BMS so the screen graphics would match the real panels even though I run BMS with no cockpit showing. It makes it easy to test if your hardware is talking to BMS by just turning on the cockpit and checking. I would use the "AllLampBitsOn" as long as your interface will support it. What platform are you using?
Thx, Nigel!

I guess it's going to be the "AllLampBitsOn"-way, then.

Platform: Arduino based hardware with BMSAIT as data extraction tool.
Since I have the sourcecode everything is possible :-)

thx a lot
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 01:39:48 AM »
Arduino. Good for you. Lightning has given me a glimpse into what is possible. Our CMDS/EWMU black box based on the Teensy is amazing. It works great.

Offline mihi4

• General
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 02:09:58 AM »
Arduino. Good for you. Lightning has given me a glimpse into what is possible. Our CMDS/EWMU black box based on the Teensy is amazing. It works great.
Yeah, full ack!
Since I've been programming for over 40 years now, it's a nobrainer for me, to NOT use proprietary software for anything in my pit, if possible.

It's a niche market and companies/people come and go, so being able to use my hardware with any simulator out there, was one of the biggest must-haves for me.
If it outputs data in any form, I am capable to send it to the Arduino.

greetings
michi
Michi "MiHi" Hirczy

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 01:13:17 PM »
I wish I had that capability as well, because I think what you just said is the most important of it all. Not being dependant on ppl/companies coming and going for your pit
Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal