* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by Sandman
[May 04, 2024, 07:54:13 PM]

Author Topic: BMS - Successor of the Shared Memory  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
BMS - Successor of the Shared Memory
« on: August 26, 2023, 05:24:51 PM »
BRAINSTORMING FOR A NEW INTERFACE FOR FALCON BMS

Hi guys,

as this forum is full of knowledge and experience with the process of interfacing our cockpits with THE civilian simulator for the mighty Viper, it is definitely a good place to start such a collection of ideas.
Let me introduce you to the topic and the plan.

A member of our germany BMS community is a also a member of the team of Benchmark Sims and happens to be the SME for the shared memory, we all are heavily relying on, to interface our cockpits.
By accident we came across the topic of inputs via shared memory in our messenger chat group and he suggested, that we should forward him our ideas and wishes for a "RPC I/O Interface" in a structured and listed form until we have our next big meeting in person in november at our anual LAN-Party.
I offered to take on the task of collecting all the ideas and will bring them into a comprehensive format to present them all to him. Then I had the idea to adress this big plenum of cockpit builders as well and asked him, if it'd be okay to adress guys outside of the community of the LAN-Party - in the end, we all are the BMS family, so he was totally okay with that.

Little disclaimer anyway: Please do not get in touch with him directly, because thats the whole point of this brainstorming, getting all our minds together and present him with a useable list of requirements for his project in the first place, without the need for him to wrap his head around countless conversations with a lot of guys. Thats my job in this case :notes:

So now we need you!

If only BMS could do that...
Who did not have thoughts like that yet, while he was thinking how to interface his cockpit with BMS using either software from the pitbuilder community or was trying to implement his own solution. Thats the place now, where we can talk all these things and not only regarding outputs from BMS to our pits but all the way around as well, meaning inputs! Gone could be the days of hours writing keyfiles or fideling with device sorting files.
Be creative and please send me your wishes and ideas via the personal messages here in the VP forum. I will process them into one big list and categorize all of these to make it nice and easy to comprehend for our friend and will also regulary update you on all your submissions in this thread until the final version, which will go to MR Interface in november.

Looking forward to your messages!
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
Re: BMS - Successor of the Shared Memory
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 05:33:42 PM »
please send me your wishes and ideas via the personal messages here in the VP forum.

Very interesting but why the need for PM?  Can we not put forth ideas here in the open and discuss?

Offline JCook

• General
  • Callsign: "Anger"
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 10:09:15 PM »
Interesting topic
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 11:05:01 PM by JCook »
Takeoffs are optional...landings are mandatory

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 01:25:27 AM »
please send me your wishes and ideas via the personal messages here in the VP forum.

Very interesting but why the need for PM?  Can we not put forth ideas here in the open and discuss?

Because it makes it much easier for me to keep track of all the suggestions. But I definitely will keep you up to date of all the ideas/wishes I get in this thread and off course you can discuss them then  :ThumbsUp:
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

Offline The_target

• Maj. General
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 05:52:47 AM »
I would say:
1) lua: open, fast, small footprint, flexible and extensible
2) sdk based compiled plugins like https://developer.x-plane.com/sdk/plugin-sdk-sample-code/

Offline Rufus

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 02:50:09 PM »
...inbound... :reading: .
- Rufus

Offline henkie

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills
    • Henk's Viperpit developments
    • Buy me a soda
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 01:56:58 AM »
+1  :whistle:

Offline gancio

• -=VP Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 03:12:10 AM »
starting from the premise that I imagine it's a big step forward in cockpit management, being a simple pit “assembler” this renovation scares me a little. overall the possibility of continuing to use some important parts, such as AIC…

Offline Korbi

• Brig.General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 08:06:14 AM »
As I wrote to all of you, who sent pm's: Thanks for the contributions!
Over the last weeks I was busy in RL and on vacation, so I had not much time getting all your suggestions into one file and publish it here, but now I finsihed the file and can show it to you, so you are able to discuss it and add suggestions, until I will present it to my friend in the first week of november :)

Here you go!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Best regards

Korbi
VJS 161 "Mad Bulls"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal