Customizing Default Point of View in BMS by Tulkas
[April 13, 2024, 03:44:53 PM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: A Terrible Week  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Moon

• General
  • VP Awards Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
A Terrible Week
« on: December 17, 2014, 07:08:02 AM »
I've never written a post like this before, but I feel moved to do it.

This week Australia was rocked by the actions of a deranged individual, inspired by a destructive death cult.

Two innocent people were killed.  Whilst the details are still unclear, it appears the manager of the cafe died trying to wrestle the gun from the hostage taker and a young mother died trying to protect her pregnant friend.

And what was the response of Australians - street riots, hatred, the burning of effigies?

No, it was offer to accompany Muslim Australians on public transport so they didn't get harassed by people who confuse religion with radicalism.  That's how deep freedom and understanding runs here.

Never have I felt so proud of the society I belong to, or so resolute in the need to defend its values.

JJ

Re: A Terrible Week
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »
We could read realtime what happend there. It's a proof of the big danger that is around us all. I hope this can be stopped, but it will be a long way... it's a horror.

Offline AiRdAncE

• Kim - was lost but then found ;)
  • Global Moderator
  • General
  • Fly till I PUKE !
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Software Guru Award: Awarded to those with special software skills Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts
    • My Foundry for cast metal replica items
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 07:18:01 AM »
+1 with JJ.
Life is what you make of it.

---------------------------------
Cast aluminum and brass replica cockpit items
www.castcrafter.com

Offline Tulkas

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:18 AM »
And what was the response of Australians - street riots, hatred, the burning of effigies?

No, it was offer to accompany Muslim Australians on public transport so they didn't get harassed by people who confuse religion with radicalism.  That's how deep freedom and understanding runs here.

Never have I felt so proud of the society I belong to, or so resolute in the need to defend its values.

My admiration for australians for that, you are right to be proud

Offline Red Dog

• Administrator
  • General
  • VP Awards 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 12:55:04 PM »
it confirms the feeling I had when visiting Australia for my honeymoon 15 years ago
One of the nicest population I ever had the chance to meet

Have a bandit day - Red Dog
Red Dog flight sim's stuff
Red Dog models
Red Dog PPL
Red Dog Discord: 947914531772964865

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal