DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by Jakkuh-15
[April 17, 2024, 09:36:07 AM]

Hello from the UK! by ChrispyBiscuit99
[April 09, 2024, 01:19:26 PM]

Hi! From Turkiye by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:23 PM]

Hello from Greece by Foghorn
[April 09, 2024, 12:24:06 PM]

Author Topic: Aux Comm  (Read 8060 times)

Offline Nomad

• Col.
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service
    • Awards
Aux Comm
« on: August 04, 2019, 07:21:31 PM »
Anybody out there have a part number for the Aux Comm Digitrans Switch Assembly?
Bell206/407 EuroEC135/EC145/BK117/AS350B3E/B2
F16/P51/Cessna172/177/182/206/210/310

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • http://www.employees.org/~bwilliam
    • Awards
Re: Aux Comm
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
First of all, please search the Forum for the word Digitrans and you will find lots of posts that I think you should read on working with Digitrans.  However, keep in mind that Digitrans just don't interface with BMS. 

Also by searching I'll bet you will find some Digitrans numbers.  There are several models that will work with slightly different wiring BUT they still don't interface with BMS unless you build your pit with Pokeys57Us.  (The other alternative is to write some code in an Arduino that could interface between the Digitrans and BMS by running yet another PC-side software package.  How many are you happy with just to get BMS up and running?)  I think that after reading the posts on Digitrans you may find you can't afford to buy new Digitrans from the distributor.  Instead, use eBay to see if you can find some 0-9 Digitrans on sale.  They come in various output versions.  Also, others have skipped the Digitrans and used Up/Dwn switches and LED displays that show the position.  You may want to just go that way and save lots of Money and interfacing time.  (Your choice.)

Additionally, search the web for the word Digitrans and I think you'll find the document you are looking for.  However, I suggest that you please search the forum for the info you want before posting additional questions.  This time I'll give you a hint on what to search for on eBay: Digitrans 24000.

If you can't find what you need after doing some Searching, send out another question and we'll help you find more info.  However, I think all you need has already been posted in VP.  [The Search function on VP is your friend.]

Good luck and have fun building.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

I better go find my monkey!

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Electronics Guru Award: Awarded to those with special electronics skills Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts Bronze Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Silver Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 08:47:29 PM »
Also "Search" using the words AuxComm.  After spending a LOT of time reading what is already posted on AuxComm and Digitrans, I think you will have TONS of info that will help you build your pit.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

Offline Marvin

• General
  • Back at again after 10 years!
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 08:57:00 AM »
Simplest is to just search Digitran 24000 on eBay.  They are normally a dime a dozen.  I bought about 20 of them the past couple years and they are generally the same other than how many digits they roll through.

This day in age I would disregard the AUX COMM and just design one after the IFF panel.  Contrary to popular belief that the internet and our usual cockpit resource websites will have you believe those panels have been obsolete since the early 90s in most blocks.

Like Willy wrote he cleverly is working on a program to interface these with Pokeys and BMS.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »
Thanks Marvin for the info. I actually do have an IFF panel that I purchased from Hispappanels that I am working with. I will look for the Digitrans 24000.

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 12:20:45 PM »
Thanks Willy for your input.

Never assume that when a member asks a question they have not searched, researched and read all the posts. That's where I got most of my ideas for my pit. I currently use Pokeys 57U, PSCockpit, Viper Gear, Realsimworld DK, Arend's AIC, Mike and Hispapanels panels and many others from using the forum. I was merely seeing if any body had a preference for a certain part number. My pit was up and running before I joined, and I rely on everybody's opinions, experience levels and preferences to continually update my pit. Thanks again for your input.
I will continue to research a Digitrans or LED display.

Offline sagrzmnky

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 12:08:51 AM »
Thanks Marvin for the info. I actually do have an IFF panel that I purchased from Hispappanels that I am working with. I will look for the Digitrans 24000.

Nomad, I may have asked this before, but where are you in Texas?
Phillip "Grease Monkey" Clark

My build thread
http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=6942.0
 Pokeys, x-key

Offline Nomad

• Col.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 06:52:16 AM »
I’m in Belton, Texas.

Offline Willy

• -=VP Veteran Donor=-
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »
Thanks Willy for your input.

Never assume that when a member asks a question they have not searched, researched and read all the posts. That's where I got most of my ideas for my pit. I currently use Pokeys 57U, PSCockpit, Viper Gear, Realsimworld DK, Arend's AIC, Mike and Hispapanels panels and many others from using the forum. I was merely seeing if any body had a preference for a certain part number. My pit was up and running before I joined, and I rely on everybody's opinions, experience levels and preferences to continually update my pit. Thanks again for your input.
I will continue to research a Digitrans or LED display.
Sorry about that @Nomad.  I could have thought that we did talk about the Digitrans and model numbers in a previous thread.  Oh, well.  As long as you got the info you needed, we are good.
Beau "Willy" Williamson

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 06:08:48 PM »
FYI those 24000 series are over $500.00 USD apiece retail. I was able to pry some open for my pit and a P-Touch label has an almost identical white on black font. The spacing even works printing vertical. I changed one of them to X-Y-X-Y-X-Y and one to 0 -1-0-1-0-1. But as Jody says IFF is what you want now so I have to change it someday.

Offline Marvin

• General
  • VP Awards Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »
FYI those 24000 series are over $500.00 USD apiece retail. I was able to pry some open for my pit and a P-Touch label has an almost identical white on black font. The spacing even works printing vertical. I changed one of them to X-Y-X-Y-X-Y and one to 0 -1-0-1-0-1. But as Jody says IFF is what you want now so I have to change it someday.

Wow that’s expensive compared to the surplus ones I four. On on eBay.  That being said if I could actually buy 7s and 3s.  I would easily pay 500 for them.
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Windows 8.1 64 bit, Intel Core i7 - 5820K CPU (3.30GHz 6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost), 32.0 GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz, 128GB SSD 6Gb/s Main + 2TB 72

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Gold Cup Award: Awarded to someone for a special achievement Gold Medal Award: Awarded for special contributions to the community Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build Silver Heart Award: Awarded to those showing a real heart for the community and/or it's cause Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 3000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 3000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 04:38:23 AM »
I'll see what I have, Jody, I may have them. I'd say about $499.00 each is fair? I think I have the up/down ones but dont remember if they are backlit. I'll know on Monday. If not, maybe I could mod them for you. It's do-able but a little tricky only because they are plastic and glued together. You have to carefully slit the side open but once that's done the rest is pretty easy. My one fear is that the P-Touch labels may dry out and peel off but it's been about five years and they are still fine.

Offline MrWell

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:08 AM »
I can't believe what I read.  :wacko:
I paid less than 10 per piece (backlighted on eBay), like 3 years ago.
Installed in Aux Comm panel and operational through PScockpit

Offline Marvin

• General
    • Agoge Tactical Regimen
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
I can't believe what I read.  :wacko:
I paid less than 10 per piece (backlighted on eBay), like 3 years ago.
Installed in Aux Comm panel and operational through PScockpit

Yes I also have about 20 of them as well that I paid next to nothing for.   But considering what I have paid thus far for my cockpit, it's not big deal to me to spend a couple thousand more for the right parts.  Who's counting at this point???
" Where's the KABOOM! "

Offline Nigel

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »
You guys know I'm kidding right? I think I paid $2.00 apiece for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal