• Dot Users Online:

* Recent Topics/Posts

Hello from Canada by ChrispyBiscuit99
[Today at 06:49:56 AM]

DCStoF4 (Standalone version) by questerymj
[April 20, 2024, 12:50:58 PM]

Last BMS version and the CANOPY SPIDER by mihi4
[April 20, 2024, 11:57:37 AM]

Author Topic: Greetings gentlemen!  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Atlas

• General
  • Brand new newbie!
    • Awards
Greetings gentlemen!
« on: June 14, 2022, 12:26:42 PM »
Hello to everyone!

I'm a returning Viper pilot but might as well be new.  Played Allied Force back in the day, wasn't quite aware of Falcon 4.0 when it launched but I do remember seeing a very cool poster for it.  I would say my first serious sim was Jane's F/A-18 although I didn't really play it seriously.  BMS is my sim-of-choice as I really like the dynamic campaign but I do have DCS and the DCS Viper as well as other modules for when I just wanna go sight-seeing.

My current setup is a big 4K screen and a couple of touchscreens for Helios.  I've recently acquired SimGears ICP and really love it, I should have a switch box from Sebastian/PSM coming soon, and I got Tejay's F-16 plans.  While I don't really intend on making a replica simpit, I do like having physical switches and buttons if possible as the SimGears ICP has been a game changer as far as I'm concerned!

I'd appreciate some help and patience as I find my way around this big website and look forward to going down this rabbit hole!

Blue skies!

Offline Snoopy

• General
  • Flying Snoopy Airways
  • VP Awards Triplet Award: Awarded after 3 years of community service
    • Awards
Re: Greetings gentlemen!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:31:43 PM »
Hi Atlas, welcome here. Another user from the old games returning. great!

Hope you find information (it is often buried real deep) and inspiration here. But be warned that it is addictive....

Offline tiger-31

• General
  • VP Awards 2000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 2000 posts Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Veteran Award: Awarded after 5 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 03:11:18 PM »
Welcome to VP! Check it out, study an read before deciding what way to proceed with your pit, and ask around. All kinds of builders and all kinds of pits here. From desksetup, through the Aker-Barnes version, to almost real metal replica's and trainers.

Offline salaxi54

• General
  • VP Awards Most Time Online Award: Awarded to those 30 members with most time on the forum Money Saver: Given to those that try to keep cost to a minimum Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Outstanding Build Award: Awarded for an outstanding pit build
    • Buy me a beer
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 12:49:08 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Cupra

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service 1000+ posts Award: Awarded for achieving over 1000 posts Top Poster Award: for those 30 members with most posts
    • 1st VFW "Glory Wings"
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 09:01:27 AM »
Welcome to the nut house :)  :notes: :vprules:

Offline Wolverine

• General
  • VP Awards Old Geezer Award: Awarded after 10 years of community service
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 02:12:30 AM »
Welcome!

sorry for my english!!                                                Italian journal of my pit!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal